PoE using IntelHD in window mode

Hey guys, this issue has been already for a long time and I guess never will be fixed, is there some kind of manual fix for it? Path of Exile always uses my intelHD instead of GTX760M when playing in window mode. Is there any fixes for it? This is literally the only game having this issue, every other game I eventually managed to fix by just forcing the entire computer to ALWAYS use nvidia, it never uses intel on my computer anymore, but PoE still seems to just use it regardless. I am now playing multibox diablo 3 at the same time with PoE and it is getting a bit frustrating, because playing in full screen makes one of the diablo 3 windows freeze every 5 mins (some direct3d issue).
Hardcore only
Last edited by ahvneeger on May 14, 2014, 9:41:46 PM
how do you know it is using the wrong card? You can't base it on the text in the display options of Path of Exile because that is notoriously wrong.
I'm just basing it on getting a lot lower fps in window mode than in full screen mode. The display options have never even showed that I have intelHD. 20 fps in Lioneyes in window mode, full screen 60 fps. IntelHD is mainly used for desktop, so when games are played in window mode they start using IntelHD. Even Kripp had this issue and had to stream PoE while lagging when he played on his similar laptop. Also MSI Afterburner clearly showed before that it used intelHD in window mode, now it doesn't because I have forced nvidia on my computer allover, but I know for A FACT that PoE still uses it. Spare the doubts, the issue is already an old one with PoE.
Hardcore only
Last edited by ahvneeger on May 14, 2014, 10:21:28 PM
I have same problem with my Acer V3-772G notebook PC, even I setting the game running at GTX-760M with Nvidia control panel, it still run at Intel HD graphic card, but, I play PoE with MSI GE60 with Win7-x64 with GTX-660M, it work fine at GTX-660M.

Play the game with Acer NB will lag, but MSI NB very smooth in same resolution.

Is this a bug of Nvidia or Acer or GGG or Microsoft?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info