Dual Flame Totem Scion build critique/gear reccomendations please

Hi all, I want to improve my build so I can farm Piety and maybe dominus/map well. I can currently kill Piety without dying but I would like to just improve as much as I can. I see people doing Piety runs in less than 8 minutes, and that's madness to me...

I attached my gear and skill tree below. I also have 2 exalts, 50 alchs, and 18 chaos orbs along with a ton of other currency in my stash. What gear should I get? I don't want to spend it all on this char though. The auras I use are clarity and vitality, and I haven't used any respec points yet. I have read through other guides but kind of wanted to try my own thing, and I am just wondering if gear is holding me back, my level, or tree.

Spoiler

Skill Tree:

I use Blood Magic with my dual FT build (link is in my signature), so just a couple thoughts:

- You can use two scepters or two wands, which is a good way to boost the damage. You lose the shield, but it's a lot of extra damage, cast speed and projectile speed. Wands and scepters can also have resists.

- There are some passives in the Templar area that I feel are better than the small totem damage nodes or the fire ones. Celestial Walker and the three elemental damage nodes (FT benefits from both elemental and spell damage), which lets you take the 40% mana regeneration talent as well.

- I'd cut out the 0.4% life regeneration talents in the Scion starting area. Just not worth it for a non-BM build.

- I feel the mana cost reduction passives are all wasted and could be better spent in mana regeneration or +%mana passives.

- If I were to play a FT build with mana, I'd definitely get Eldritch Battery, run Arctic Armor, and equip a Cloak of Defiance. I would skip everything on the right side of the Scion Life Wheel and use these (many) points to go toward EB and grab some passives in the Witch area. But this basically completely changes the build, unfortunately.

- I'd swap the Faster Projectiles gem for Added Chaos Damage. FPJ is a good 6th gem, but for the 5th you benefit more from Added Chaos Damage.

- Cast When Damage Taken is *way* too high. I'd keep it at level 1 for this type of character. By the time your CWDT triggers, you're almost dead.

- You can run two curses (Flammability and Elemental Weakness with the Windscream Boots). No Increased Area of Effect for the curses?

- No Reduced Mana for the auras?

- Swap Vitality for something more useful. (Discipline if you go for EB, Haste otherwise.)

- No Lightning Wrap?

- Most of the gear is a little on the weak side. More life (none on boots, none on belt, etc), more mana.

- Consider a Three Dragons helm. Boosts the damage considerably.

There, just some quick thoughts. :)
Last edited by Mivo on May 13, 2014, 4:12:31 AM

dont forget static blows
"Yeena thinks she knows the Spirit. That it talks to her. She talks to herself." -Greust <3
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into getting the three dragons and some other gear mentioned too. I also have been meaning to get reduced mana for the auras, just haven't gotten around to it yet. So getting rid of reduced mana nodes and what not requires 14 respec points, and moving them to the templar region makes the tree look something like this:

Also, getting EB would require 10 points, is it that worth it?
"

Flame totems draw a lot of attention so you dont really need your es to much it since Eb adds it to your mana you can have some insane mana regen. With this you can run AA easy and still have lots of mana to summon totems/curse. Also you can use clarity all the way to lvl 20 clarity and never really notice the reserved.
"
sciferthesky wrote:
"

Flame totems draw a lot of attention so you dont really need your es to much it since Eb adds it to your mana you can have some insane mana regen. With this you can run AA easy and still have lots of mana to summon totems/curse. Also you can use clarity all the way to lvl 20 clarity and never really notice the reserved.

Thanks for the reply. So would this be a good final tree? I will be around level 78 with the tree below (I skipped almost all sidequests so I may have some skill books to get).

"

Also, should I go for EB first, or the templar nodes? What did the poster above mean by static blows? Should I be using detonate dead/vaal detonate dead?

Lastly, I am pretty squishy, and have under 2k life, will equipment with +life fix that, or should I get more life nodes too? Sorry about all this, I read quite a few guides but didn't want to follow one exactly since I thought it would be more fun to do my own thing... Especially since BM scared me a bit haha, although I am starting to see why it is used with this build.
Static blows is a passive little north of templer start(more like way north actualy) that gives you chance to shock on hits

vaal detonate dead/detonate dead wont work as you will have AB which means you cant deal damage with your skills(altho you can use traps and if you link a vaal detonate dead to a trap and a mob triggers it it will work and dead damage)

i run duel flame totems atm and i have about 2k life with 0 es...it can be problematic but AA helps and MOM helps even more but you have to play smart with kinda build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info