When do I corrupt arc?

And what are the different outcomes?

I am looking for +1 level, will it show me I managed?

tnx
You corrupt gems at max level and maximum quality if you intend to have quality. So for Arc, you wait until the gem is 20/20, and hope you either get 21/20 or 20/23.

I'm inferring you don't fully understand how it works, so I'll go ahead and explain that corrupting a gem does NOT increase it's maximum level or quantity - if you corrupt a level 1 gem to level 2, it will still max out at 20. It only goes above the maximums if you corrupt it when it is already at the maximum.
"
Xikorut wrote:
You corrupt gems at max level and maximum quality if you intend to have quality. So for Arc, you wait until the gem is 20/20, and hope you either get 21/20 or 20/23.

I'm inferring you don't fully understand how it works, so I'll go ahead and explain that corrupting a gem does NOT increase it's maximum level or quantity - if you corrupt a level 1 gem to level 2, it will still max out at 20. It only goes above the maximums if you corrupt it when it is already at the maximum.

OK , thanks. So ... the only outcomes are +1 level and +3% quality? And it will say in brackets +1 or something? Or be level 21 on its tooltip? tnx
+1 and +3Q are 2 of many possibilities.
you can lose quantity I believe up to 10%! or lose a lvl so it becomes lvl 19 (you can lvl it again though) also because there is a vaal version of the skill it can become a vaal arc.
So make sure you lvl a backup arc or make sure you have enough currency to buy one from a other player.
If you manage to get it +1 lvl or 23quantity you can just see it in the description. it says lvl 21 or 23% quantity.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
There are actually four outcomes possible, with multiple variations on two of them. On corrupting a gem, it will either: change level, change quality, do nothing, or become a vaal version of the gem. Inside of the change level outcome, it can either go up or down a level. Inside the change quality outcome, it can go up to +3 quality (from 20 at least, might be more if lower) and down to at least -10 quality (have seen a 20 gem go to 10).

As for what will appear, the gem will either say Level 21 or 23% quality if it is successful in creating a positive outcome. Using inductive reasoning from a past dev post on the odds of corrupting a 6L item, the four general outcomes should have equal chances. By this logic, there would be a 1/8 chance of you getting a level 21 gem from corrupting it. I am unsure of how the quality changes are weighted, so I cannot offer you any insight in the odds of "neutral or positive" effects occurring, other than saying that in at least 3/8 situations you shouldn't be losing out past winding up with a 20/20 corrupted gem.
Wow thanks guys, dang I am gonna outfit myself in arc gems once I am in merc lol, and best to level gems would be merc docks ... correct?
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Wow thanks guys, dang I am gonna outfit myself in arc gems once I am in merc lol, and best to level gems would be merc docks ... correct?

I level gems the fastest in 77/78 rotation groups. I also had a lot of success spamming Atziri repeatedly. (5 minute runs start to finish, very high density of mobs en route to her) I did about 80 atziri runs in the past few days and there was significant progress on my lvl2 Enhances. (keep in mind they're gaining double gem exp)

Docks isn't terrible if you can't do higher stuff because gems don't take an exp penalty. (beyond the 90% penalty inherent to gems I mean)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Is it possible to corrupt a level 20 gem with zero quality to level 21?
"
tweedle wrote:
Is it possible to corrupt a level 20 gem with zero quality to level 21?

Yes. Mostly you do this with auras.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Thanks, that's what I had in mind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info