The "WALL" pls help!!

So this is ridiculous, my lvl 66 shadow was good enough to make it to the eternal labratory and then hit the merciless wall!

After many ass kickings I went and spent ALL my chaos orbs on some better gear, switched from claws to swords (still need some respec on my tree now tho)

NOW, I am doing more damage but it doesn't matter because as soon as I step off a wp I am dead!

I can't even farm the docks! Which I have obviously already done since the docks is lvl 62 and I am now at 66. My resists are maxed I am at over 9k evasion with Grace,and as soon as I SEE a farshot dog I am dead......WTF is going on?

If I totaly suck...how did I get this far?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAhEFtQdjDI0NSQ2NEHsRLxnXHNweGh6UIcAi6iL0JpUoKisKLUcwVDBxMgE4GzpCQFVE0kt4TLFO51BCUzVVS1YtVyth4mHrbAttbG17b1d90n9_h9uIa4w2jEiRz5Mnk_yZV5mamyabtZ97rD-sf67PshmzDrTFtUi29746wFTBAMM6xqLLgs3qzkjPetQj2xrcV9y93ajed-QR5oHo1usU62PrjvF29Uv_kw==
What is your life, armor, evasion and resists? Ill look at your skill tree but need these stats. Your weapons p one look very low dps for end game merciless.
I see +life on your helm and no other gear. Melee character needs a minimum of about 4k life. Also not enough life leech or lgoh.
Life is low, just under 3k, evasion at 9k with Grace gives me what 52% evade.
Resists are all 75 + except chaos which is a problem.

4 k life min eh?!
I see
If you have nearly 3k life with the passive tree and the gear you posted, I find that impressive. Obviously nowhere near enough but still impressive, considering the gear is god awful (apart from Starkonja). Your other gearpieces must be quite good, why not post them?

Evasion doesn't help against Voidbearers. It's always secondary to life.

While capping ele resists is a must, having low chaos is not a problem. Many people run with -60 even in hardcore leagues, it's not an issue.
Apparently fire resist doesn't help either, depending on the ring I wear I have had above 100% fire resist and still...

Clearly I dont have enough life at just under 2k (previous post was a typo)

Where do you guys find gear that is so OP, and whats wrong with a garb with over 1k evasion on it?

I just bought these uniques hoping to improve my damage along with these gloves..

I have been trying dif combos of gear trying understand why I suddenly can't take a hit AT ALL. when clearly I was able to get this far.

And why is the Twilight Blade so "God Awful"?

If you want better dps the way to get it is get better weapons. Both your weapons p ones are low damage for melee end game.

Your survivability will change dramatically if you get about 5% life leech. Try swapping a LL gem in your main attack and test the change. Even a level 1 LL gem will make you live much longer.
When it comes to dealing with void bearers make sure you have the right flasks too. Something like this may have helped

As far as your gear is concerned: Don't fall into the trap and think that just because something is a unique it's the best. You can pick up a couple of high level whites, apply 4 whetstones and an alchemy orb and probably get two better swords. If you were to do the vendor recipes for added physical damage here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes#Crafting You could probably get a blue weapon that would do more damage.

As I look at your gems consider trying to pick up a ranged attack. I like melee too and I use spectral throw. I've used ethereal knives in the past too. Sometimes you have to attack from a distance when fighting things like the fire dogs. If they stack burning damage on you as you can see you'll be nothing but a pile of ashes. Get a Cast When Damage Taken gem too. If you don't evade the blow it will save your life many a time if properly linked.

You're a trader so my guide may not be all that helpful to you but look at it anyway to see what i mean about upgrading your swords.
Newbie Guide to Improving your gear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/646392
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
i would try claw build again since you wont need lifeleech gem and NO dualwield if you want more survivability.
your tree is a mess...you should search the forums for guides with passive tree.
also your gem-choice/gem-combination needs rethinking.
how about getting a few mana reservation nodes and run low lvl clarity instead to travel to which area?
i would say start over from lvl1 since you are going to need tons of regrets.
if you need free/dirt cheap upgrades, just pm me ingame.
Last edited by busybee7 on May 13, 2014, 8:25:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info