Playing PoE on a Dell UltraSharp U2713HM monitor is laggy?

Hey there.

My previous monitor died, but it was a BenQ XL2420T , which has 120Hz and very fast response times for gamers.

I always played 1920x1080 , highest resolution.

Now I read so many good points about the Dell UltraSharp U2713HM.
And I gotta say, it's a very sweet monitor, the colours are just AMAZING. Makes my PoE and all the skill effects so bright and colorful!

One problem I "felt" when first entering windows, was that it seemed like my mouse felt a little laggy. Like I remember back on windows XP I needed to download a "mousefix.reg" file to remove acceleration etc... I feel like I have some kind of acceleration on my mouse suddenly (which I don't).

Ingame I also felt this, the graphics are SO amazing but somehow it feels like my character responds a lot slower than on my benq XL2420T.
Also while moving it seems hard for my eyes to read text (for example in town the text "STASH" on my stash seems really hard to read while moving).

My resolution is 2550x1440 or something like that with the new monitor, I seem to reach 55-60 fps with vsync on.
My graphics card is a GTX 680 is that matters...

So TL:DR
Graphics are amazing, but it kinda feels slower and somehow tires my eyes fast.

Any ideas, is it really because of the slower response time / higher input lag that I feel this? Or do I need to change some settings to make it smoother?
The mouse interface itself might not be optimized for a resolution so high above 1080p (1920x1080)...that comes directly out of my ass though, just my guess. Do you have the same problem with that monitor at 1080p? Also see if your monitor came with any drivers? I never install them myself but maybe...

Also, I have the same text problem as you. My friend has a slower proc, lesser vid card, but his text movement is perfect...Im guessing its a monitor difference. I have a samsung I think. Same vid card as you though...
2560 x 1440

Likely your videocard can't fully handle it.

That's what it sounds like. Try repair install/reinstall PoE, upgrade your video drivers. Can't think of anything else atm.

Play at lower resolutions for half an hour, see if it's any different. keep going down to 800x600 (your equivalent ws)

VI
Last edited by ConanTheGamebarian on May 12, 2014, 3:15:52 PM
I just posted a possible solution for your thread in Reddit. Check it out!
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/257q7e/anyone_experienced_with_dell_ultrasharp_u2713hm/
Are you running in Fullscreen mode or Windowed Fullscreen mode? I have a Dell U2410 monitor and noticed it seemed laggier (like you describe) in Windowed Fullscreen than just Fullscreen. Just an observation.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info