Auto potions and auto quit scrips questions?

Do us all a favor, including yourself, and just stop.

Don't argue about using potion macros. Ever.
Don't use potion macros. Ever.
Don't use any script that repeats on a timer. Ever.

Technically speaking, logout macros DO perform more than one action.
Escape > Move mouse > Click logout button

Same with /oos, /remaining, and /itemlevel. However these three are somewhat tolerated.
{Enter} > /oos > {Enter}
{Enter} > /remaining > {Enter}
{Enter} > /itemlevel > {Enter}

There are possibly only two exceptions.
Alt+F4 (force client close)
CTRL+C (item info script)
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Mar 8, 2015, 11:45:11 AM
"
Hixxie wrote:
Technically speaking, logout macros DO perform more than one action.
Escape > Move mouse > Click logout button

Same with /oos, /remaining, and /itemlevel. However these three are somewhat tolerated.
{Enter} > /oos > {Enter}
{Enter} > /remaining > {Enter}
{Enter} > /itemlevel > {Enter}

There are possibly only two exceptions.
Alt+F4 (force client close)
CTRL+C (item info script)

No, technically speaking, they don't. They perform more than one input command (which is what _makes them_ macros instead of keybinds), but "action"s are defined in terms of their server-side effects. Chris and the whole GGG team have always been incredibly clear on that.
I just hot glued a Popsicle stick to 345 which are my three resits flasks. One button three press. If that illegal LMK.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I just hot glued a Popsicle stick to 345 which are my three resits flasks. One button three press. If that illegal LMK.

It's not, but it might not work the way you want. Keyboard input matrices are notoriously shitty at providing simultaneous input through the serial buffer. There's no chance in hell that this would work with any arbitrary 3 keys at once on any modern keyboard+operating system combo, though it can work with a particular 3 keys at once, depending on how the people designed your keyboard thought was reasonable at mutual key exclusion.

For example, on *my* keyboard, 123 and 234 work just fine at once, but 345 at *precisely* the same time results in no keypresses triggered at all.

Aside from some people's hardware preventing your claimed "solution" from working as intended, your claimed solution also makes it impossible to single out a single resist flask press from the other presses. So if, for example, you need to pop lightning flask for one atziri attack then fire for another, too bad, you're out of flask charges early.

Macros aren't broken, in my opinion, but they are more powerful than you are claiming them to be.
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 8, 2015, 3:55:45 PM
auto uninstall
kthnx
offical response is its cheating and not aloud reallity is you can be the number 1 hardcore ladderplayer stream it on livestream even post the link in your twichchat and nothing happens

yes iam still pissed about this joke of ToS enforcement in this game
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

It's not, but it might not work the way you want. Keyboard input matrices are notoriously shitty at providing simultaneous input through the serial buffer. There's no chance in hell that this would work with any arbitrary 3 keys at once on any modern keyboard+operating system combo, though it can work with a particular 3 keys at once, depending on how the people designed your keyboard thought was reasonable at mutual key exclusion.

For example, on *my* keyboard, 123 and 234 work just fine at once, but 345 at *precisely* the same time results in no keypresses triggered at all.

Aside from some people's hardware preventing your claimed "solution" from working as intended, your claimed solution also makes it impossible to single out a single resist flask press from the other presses. So if, for example, you need to pop lightning flask for one atziri attack then fire for another, too bad, you're out of flask charges early.

Macros aren't broken, in my opinion, but they are more powerful than you are claiming them to be.

only if you have a cheap KB
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_%28key%29#n-key_rollover

And with crit flasks recharge every fight
Git R Dun!
Technically an auto logout by potion is the same as you doing it if your at your pc when it happens

Thus i think it is allowed because its the same as the other that is allowed (and GGG wouldn't know if you had something watching your hp/potions for this anyways)
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
only if you have a cheap KB
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_%28key%29#n-key_rollover

And with crit flasks recharge every fight

Your point about crit flasks is good, but sometimes it's not just a matter of better keyboards. Operating systems usually have limits on the input they can accept, too (maybe modern Windows eliminated it...? I'm not aware of this, if so), and there are apparently limitations with the medium through which the data travels. For example, for my gaming laptop, I can only plug a keyboard in through USB, not being able to use a PS/2 adapter, which means that even Das Keyboard, which implements n-key rollover, could only handle 6 simultaneous keypresses (which is the max I get on my current keyboard, though I would hope that Das Keyboard wouldn't have ghosting for specific keys among those 6).
Not sure I have steelseries mechanical and tried pressing like 10 keys all at same time all went threw. But even if you have say a cheap $8 KB all one has to do is hot glue one nickle on one key, two on another, none on third - then hot glue your stick on high key and overlap others - then all 3 will depress in sequence.:)

Reason I use all three resits flasks is I do three types of ele dam and refect will wreck me if I fail to recognize it. Plus it's just nice on every pack to have an extra 10% all resistances.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 8, 2015, 11:24:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info