10 Reasons Why Dark Souls 2 > POE

"
"
FriendlyMilk wrote:
You're comparing two completely different games, argument is invalid

They are not completely different, because that would mean that they are not both action rpgs, which they are.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"
"
FriendlyMilk wrote:
You're comparing two completely different games, argument is invalid

They are not completely different, because that would mean that they are not both action rpgs, which they are.

And in that genre, there can be sub genres. One is a hack n slash, the other isn't. It's like comparing PoE to Skyrim.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on May 10, 2014, 2:27:42 PM
I find DS series more enjoyable as well,but I wouldn't compare them as equals in the genre.

=)
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

And in that genre, there can be sub genres. One is a hack n slash, the other isn't. It's like comparing PoE to Skyrim.

or even fallout
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Hes actually serious thinking It's the same thing

the fuck n.n
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
kaarelo wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

or even fallout

Fallout's a shooter, but so is Call of Duty. Fallout is better than Call of Duty because you can add levels to your skills, plus people's heads come off.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
(...)

Sure, they are different games after all so there always exists at least one categorization system in which they do not belong to the same subcategory. For instance, there exists a categorization system such that D3 RoS and PoE do not belong to the same subcategory.

Because both PoE, Skyrim and Dark Souls 2 are all action RPGs, they are not "completely different" games and therefore there is a point in comparing them.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Have fun in DS2!

I'll stay here and have my own fun, if you don't mind. And I won't even bother you about this game on the DS2 forums.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip" - Winston Churchill
Thankfully Mazul seems to 'get' where I am coming from, the comments about mortal kombat, cod & skyrim are people taking it to extremes.

I'll explain where I am coming from one more time, I don't mean that the games are exactly the same, I am trying to highligh the premise that DS2's approach to character development flies in the face of what we are told 'works' withing the kill for loot ARPG genre, i.e. The "you have to multiple layers of RNG otherwise everyone will quit" quotes.

I do believe that character development via stats & gear is a development issue shared by both games almost identically but I believe DS' approach is not only more rewarding to the player but defies the common logic you hear about characters obtaining upgrades.

For the most layman out there...I think DS2's way of developing your character via stats & gear with a splash of RNG is a better approach than POE's RNG-tastic approach.
"
Thankfully Mazul seems to 'get' where I am coming from, the comments about mortal kombat, cod & skyrim are people taking it to extremes.

I'll explain where I am coming from one more time, I don't mean that the games are exactly the same, I am trying to highligh the premise that DS2's approach to character development flies in the face of what we are told 'works' withing the kill for loot ARPG genre, i.e. The "you have to multiple layers of RNG otherwise everyone will quit" quotes.

I do believe that character development via stats & gear is a development issue shared by both games almost identically but I believe DS' approach is not only more rewarding to the player but defies the common logic you hear about characters obtaining upgrades.

For the most layman out there...I think DS2's way of developing your character via stats & gear with a splash of RNG is a better approach than POE's RNG-tastic approach.

Yeah, one guy "sort of" agrees with you out of fifty, so your point is obviously validated.

Makes sense.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info