10 Reasons Why Dark Souls 2 > POE

im a huge fan of dark souls and still play the prepare to die edition on PC. i haven't picked up dark souls 2 yet but i will be and when i do i know i'll love playing it.

one of the most amazing things about dark souls in my opinion is the level design. dark souls had THE best level design in any game i've ever played in my life. if you don't know what im talking about, you need to replay that game and in every new area, stop and look around and you'll notice something. something no other game can or has matched, that i know of.

also you left out one crucial part in your comparison
Dark Souls 2: $60
Path of Exile: free
Let's compare counter strike and monkey island too!
"
Mahesys wrote:
Let's compare counter strike and monkey island too!

Now, THAT one is easy! Monkey Island wins hands down, because it has pirates!
"
Junkx wrote:

Slightly off topic but POE is not free, someone has to pay & funnily enough I have shelled out more for this free game than I have on any paid game.
"
Anyone care to explain how they are fundamentally different games instead of just being an asshat?

Because they have nothing in common?
Both are some kind of RPG, but other than that they are fundamentally different.
Combat is different. The pace of the game is different. Just everything is different, really.

It's like comparing Need for Speed and Fifa because they are both sports games. They are just fundamentally different and comparing them is pointless.
"
"
Junkx wrote:

Slightly off topic but POE is not free, someone has to pay & funnily enough I have shelled out more for this free game than I have on any paid game.

it is free if you choose it to be. you chose to pay, as have i, but there are plenty of people that haven't payed a cent to play this game, and that is just fine.
"
Reizoko wrote:
"
Anyone care to explain how they are fundamentally different games instead of just being an asshat?

Both are some kind of RPG, but other than that they are fundamentally different.
Combat is different. The pace of the game is different. Just everything is different, really.

It's like comparing Need for Speed and Fifa because they are both sports games. They are just fundamentally different and comparing them is pointless.

get baited
Doesnt

Dark Souls 2 > PoE

mean that PoE eats up Dark Souls 2 aka PoE is better?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DS2 is a fighting game. Poe is a hack&slash.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Reizoko wrote:
"

Nice vague answer there but I disagree even with you nondescript answer.

Building a character in DS2 is very similar to POE. You plan what kind of chara you want to build, decide what gear you want to aim for & then proceed to play the game in order to acquire said items. The items add to your chara as well as the stat points you allocate.

In terms of raw gameplay yes there are some differences but also a lot in common. Let's take Vaal's smash for instance. Many ppl will say that this is one of the better parts of POE. A telegraphed attack that is avoidable & failing to avoid it is your fault. This is the very premise that DS combat is build on & one I think we would see more of in POE if it weren't for the inherent desynch issues with the engine.

DS is very much like POE, it's just DS does it better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info