3 - Little RNG to aquiring gear & upgrade materials

4 - Melee & ranged are equally viable

5 - AOE & Single target are equally viable

6 - Actual crafting of weapons & spells

7 - Skill based PVP in the form of duels, invasions, & coop

8 - No desynch

9 - No trading necessarry

10 - No gold/currency

Many folks would have you believe that an ARPG HAS to have layer upon layer of RNG gating content & the subsequent trading in order to keep players playing, but Dark Souls 2 says bullshit to all that & gives players the most rewarding ARPG experience without the need of punishing RNG to artificially lengthen the experience.

Dark Souls 2 disproves the often heard mantras that we hear from both the devs & the community at large.

If you haven't picked up Dark Souls 2 you are robbing yourself of the one of the best games ever made.
Top 5 reasons that Mortal Kombat 2 > FIFA 2014

1. Combos

2. Fatalities

3. Less soccer balls

4. Atmosphere

5. Cyborgs
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Well, DS2 is not a hack&slash but i agree that it's great.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
You're comparing two completely different games, argument is invalid
From what I've seen Dark Souls 2 doesn't even have fishing, so you really can't compare the two.
IMO DS2 is very much an APRG like POE. Sure the camera angle is different but they share so much in terms of game design that I feel they can be compared in terms of design choices.
wrong thread my bad
Last edited by giully on May 10, 2014, 9:59:47 AM
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Top 5 reasons that Mortal Kombat 2 > FIFA 2014

1. Combos

2. Fatalities

3. Less soccer balls

4. Atmosphere

5. Cyborgs

That's exactly what I thought when I read the title.

Good to see you enjoy Dark Soulds 2, OP. Noone stops you from playing it.
Your comparison, however, is irrelevant. You are trying to compare fundamentaly different games. Play whichever you like better, or maybe even both if you like both games (although it seems like some people can only like one game and every other game in the world is bad to them).
Last edited by Reizoko on May 10, 2014, 10:00:32 AM
1 reason why the original post is nonsensical:

These two games are not in the same genre. DS2 is a twitchy action game, PoE is a Diabloesque, item-driven ARPG.

No desync, yeah, and no persistent, secure online server, either. Your posts are usually of higher quality, LP. But I'm glad you found a game you enjoy.
Anyone care to explain how they are fundamentally different games instead of just being an asshat?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info