New PC arrives in 2 hours

And i'm so excited to actually run the game with appropriate level graphics. I currently run on texture quality 5 lol :)

5 fps is the norm for me. This shall be quite the upgrade I hope!

FYI specs:
Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 3.5GHz 8Core Processor
8GB RAM
AMD R9 270X 2GB Graphics
Win 7.1

Current PC:
Intel Pentium D CPU 3Ghz
2GB RAM
NVIDIA 9400GT 512MB Graphics
Win Vista

adania/93 --- ElementalNecro/91 --- GwanSauceMan/90
ScionFakeWitch/88 --- WikiWikiWitch/87 --- LArrowToTheKnee/83
Lethal_Injection/80
[b color="#FE2EC8"][b color="#FFAC12"][/b]
Have fun!
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Have fun!

ty :)
Lethal_Injection/80
Wow, that is a terrific upgrade! Happy for you.

8GB still not enough >;)
Decent rig, should run PoE with max details at 1080p.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I'm sorry but I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw "Windows Vista" on that old PC specs.
why on Earth put such a titan of hardware-guzzling doom, on a PC that's pretty decent for it's generation?

congrats man and I'm sure you'll enjoy your new rig.
if Path Of Exile somehow manages to bring your FPS below 40 with its graphics - GGG deserve a medal and an immediate employment contract with Microsoft, working on the next Vista :)
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 9, 2014, 3:47:16 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
I'm sorry but I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw "Windows Vista" on that old PC specs.
why on Earth put such a titan of hardware-guzzling doom, on a PC that's pretty decent for it's generation?

congrats man and I'm sure you'll enjoy your new rig.
if Path Of Exile somehow manages to bring your FPS below 40 with its graphics - GGG deserve a medal and an immediate employment contract with Microsoft, working on the next Vista :)

If you want, you can bring the FPS to virtually zero on a rig that's five times more expensive. PoE's engine sucks regarding fillrate.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
For next upgrade, I highly suggest 16 GB RAM. Running POE from Ramdisk does wonders, really, a different game.
Yeh its got 2x4gb but 4slots, so was gonna get two more 4gb at some point :)

Edit: Its arrived, but i didnt have a DVI cable. Using a VGA lol so gotta go get new cable first Q_Q
Lethal_Injection/80
Last edited by adania on May 9, 2014, 5:42:17 AM
Check your monitors old box, dvi cable might still be in there. They usually come with them. If not I HIGHLY recommend monoprice.com they have kickass deals on quality cables and thier monitors are quite good too.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on May 9, 2014, 5:58:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info