Any Hearthstone players out there?

I pretty much play Hearthstone now exclusively, wondering if any exiles (or former exiles) play Hearthstone?
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
I play it casually at the moment.

Pretty fun to delve into for half an hour. Mechanic wise Infinity Wars is more to my liking but somehow Hearthstone managed to draw me into its multiplayer. Maybe it's the non-existent chat.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Pretty fun to delve into for half an hour. Mechanic wise Infinity Wars is more to my liking but somehow Hearthstone managed to draw me into its multiplayer. Maybe it's the non-existent chat.

ya, they were probably smart to not include a chat. It would be quite toxic I'd imagine, but possibly entertaining.
I play it from time to time. I dont have any really cool cards because the fuck if im gonna spend money on it. I learned my lesson from playing MtG decades ago. (I Still have all my cards, I wonder if any of them are worth money now.)
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
I play it from time to time. I dont have any really cool cards because the fuck if im gonna spend money on it. I learned my lesson from playing MtG decades ago. (I Still have all my cards, I wonder if any of them are worth money now.)

You should check that out, some of those trading cards can be worth a lot. I know that from my good old yugioh cards.
"
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

+1 to Infinity Wars. I met the devs when they were pimping it at PAX Aus and threw some cash their way (but sadly missed the kickstarter). I love the animated cards angle -- gives me a reason to want to play 'digital card games' rather than physical.

I've fallen out of touch with it (stupid PoE) but fondly remember how engaging it could be. Normally I wouldn't bother but the devs are Aussie and I am a big fan of supporting local talent.

I feel like I should say something about Hearthstone, but I honestly have no opinion either way. Blizzard does MTG with its usual sense of streamlining and quality production. Just another cash-cow to me.
Infinity Wars is pretty cool, does a lot of things right. I backed IW, Hex and Faeria on their respective kickstarters, of which Faeria - an interesting combination of CCG and strategy game - is my pick for the best of the three, although it's still in beta and currently I can't find games at the times I'm available. I got to meet the devs at GDC briefly, which was cool, and like PoE it's not pay-to-win, which is rare in ccgs.
Infinity Wars I'd rate second, and I like that they did stuff not just with individual cards but with the base mechanics that wouldn't work in a physical card game (such as the simultaneous turns, which are awesome). They did a lot of things right, and are currently the one I'd recommend to anyone looking to start such a game right now, as Faeria is still in beta and has issues with player numbers (which I hope climb back up to early beta levels when they release with the new client).
Hex I wouldn't have backed as hard if it's campaign had been after the others. They've now fixed most of the bugs that plagued alpha, but the game suffers from being 90+% a carbon copy of M:tG. Individual cards take advantage of the digital format, but not the game mechanics themselves, which in fact suffer slightly from being copied from a physical game. I'm waiting on the PvE campaign and content of Hex before making final judgement though.
Hearthstone I haven't played, but have watched others play, and while it doesn't interest me much, I can appreciate some of the stuff they've done, particularly after attending a talk by one of the devs at GDC.
"
Faeria sounds awesome. non p2w CCG. Yeah, you have my attention there!

Like or not, IW is still 'pay to win' in the traditional 'buy more boosters please' CCG model. I also didn't really like how quickly IW became pure PvP, but that's more of a personal issue than a fault of the game's.

Thx, im already reading into it now and if i get addicted to that game i blame you! :P

"
"
tramshed wrote:

You should check that out, some of those trading cards can be worth a lot. I know that from my good old yugioh cards.

Yeah, im definately thinking about it. I know they used to hold value pretty well and I have a bunch of OLD cards (Alpha/Beta) as well as cards up to.... whichever expansion splinters were introduced in. They are all in pretty good condition, though not mint since I played with them.
HAIL SATAN!
"
Yeah, it's pretty cool, you can only buy packs with currency you get from playing games, not with real money. If you win as much as you lose you average a pack every couple of games I think.

Unfortunately it's pretty dead at the moment. The beta recently re-closed (was mostly open) while they focus on more mechanical stuff, since the player numbers were dropping. They'll be doing a big push closer to release, if they can get the players they had in early beta back and keep them they'll do well.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Yeah, it's pretty cool, you can only buy packs with currency you get from playing games, not with real money. If you win as much as you lose you average a pack every couple of games I think.

Unfortunately it's pretty dead at the moment. The beta recently re-closed (was mostly open) while they focus on more mechanical stuff, since the player numbers were dropping. They'll be doing a big push closer to release, if they can get the players they had in early beta back and keep them they'll do well.

I haven't heard of Faeria, I would definitely like to check that out, especially if it's free to play. I haven't spent that much money on Hearthstone, but it's tempting to break out the wallet when you want to get some cards. I will definitely look into Faeria, haven't tried Infinity Wars because I feel like I've spent so long learning Hearthstone and I don't want to do that for a game that's already been out for a little while, but maybe I should check it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info