[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
Jezzi wrote:
Hi this build viable without legacy mjolner, with solaris lorica and volls devotion?

I think 79+ maps will be a problem for you without shavs but mid tier maps even up to 78 should be doable just fine even with pretty dangerous mods. You'll be more limited by lorica than new mjolner as far as what content you can do.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Just letting people know, I am working up another Scion character to try my hands at an RT variant of the Rainbownuke build. Wasn't going to try it before, but finally managed to get this puppy:

Needless to say that took WAY TOO MANY Chromatics to get what I wanted and the fusings...well...thank goodness for Vorici to say the least. So anyway...need just a few more levels and a little more theorycrafting and I'll cook something up for those who might wanna try a life variant out here. :)
Well I said that this build can do ALL maps and I meant it. Here's my new craziest map so far:

Youtube Video (Processing at the time of this post... again no audio, sorry)

Courtyard (80)
  • Desecrated ground
  • -14% max resists
  • Vulnerability
  • +27% damage
  • +90% damage as fire
  • +100% damage as cold
  • +100% damage as lightning

I made a mistake at 3:45 that almost got me killed (I failed to see a lone skeleton against the all the screen clutter) but I got out unscathed and the build really had no issues with the map... just requires you to not make mistakes.

Good luck surviving a map like that with a life based variant, by the way.
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 1, 2015, 11:56:09 AM
Been looking at Mjolner builds the past week trying to decide what to go for. Got a few questions though. Being that I will make the most efficient class starting from scratch, Scion is definitely the best at least until max level correct?

Also, I should follow the advice of the OP for your 2.0 build variant
"
sneakyJ wrote:
Been looking at Mjolner builds the past week trying to decide what to go for. Got a few questions though. Being that I will make the most efficient class starting from scratch, Scion is definitely the best at least until max level correct?

If you're doing this variant, then yeah follow the build guide and Scion winds up being better at lower levels because it has a shorter path out to the main passive "highways" and so it can start being functional like 3-5 levels lower than Witch.

By level 90+ there's no meaningful difference between Scion and Witch.
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 1, 2015, 1:27:36 PM
Crazy map run for sure there, tackle. Skipped around but curious if you had gotten any equivalent level maps, or if the RNG screwed you out of something decent, even with that high difficulty and running a Zana map mod on it to boot? Definitely came close on the part you mentioned with the skeleton...nuts that so much damage comes from just a white mob with those damage increases.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
sneakyJ wrote:

If you're doing this variant, then yeah follow the build guide and Scion winds up being better at lower levels because it has a shorter path out to the main passive "highways" and so it can start being functional like 3-5 levels lower than Witch.

By level 90+ there's no meaningful difference between Scion and Witch.

How much more costly is this build versus the Kingsguard variant?
"
sneakyJ wrote:
How much more costly is this build versus the Kingsguard variant?

Though the prices have come down, getting good Energy Shield gear isn't cheap and it's not as common as life gear. There are exceptions like "The Vertex" mask, which isn't too bad, but compare getting just a Kingsguard vs. Shav's...Shav's is going to cost a pretty penny, and that's even before talking about getting off-colors depending on what setup you go for. It's difficult to really price it out but here are a couple of options you can go for on certain gear slots if you can't afford really good rare gear:

1. Helm = The Vertex
2. Boots = Rainbowstrides
3. Gloves = Meginord's
4. Shield = Rathpith

Shav's is pretty much required, so that's where you're likely to sink most of your cost into, assuming you have Mjolner + Voll's + Romira's already, and then work your way up from there. At least, that's how I'd do it, but be prepared to shell out currency for this one if you really want to push the build.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
Crazy map run for sure there, tackle. Skipped around but curious if you had gotten any equivalent level maps, or if the RNG screwed you out of something decent, even with that high difficulty and running a Zana map mod on it to boot? Definitely came close on the part you mentioned with the skeleton...nuts that so much damage comes from just a white mob with those damage increases.

From that map I got pretty good drops... 1x81, 1x78, 1x77, 3x76 but getting decent drops from maps with those mods is definitely not a guarantee. You can't sustain 79+ even with corrupting and zana modding every single map.
Well, I have a witch at 77 I could always buy the regrets for but the bandits aren't correct. Scion around that level as well but I followed that MoM Incinerate build for her. Still there is hardly any currency on her so it wouldn't hurt, but the bandit rewards have me wanting to start a fresh character.

Is there a good guide to leveling to 70+ while not needing tons of regrets to transition into this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info