[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
ChaseX13 wrote:
Quick question, when mapping I often map with a quantity gem in my mjolner over life leech. Now I am doubting that the IQ actually works in that set up. Can someone confirm one way or another?

IIQ gem should work if Mjolner is doing the killing and not Molten/Lightning Strike.

It's actually what I'm thinking of doing with this build once I hit level 100... put as much magic find gear on it as I can and just farm poop tier maps when I'm bored and want to nuke things.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
The question is.... why noone uploads an Uber vid? Neither LL or Life Kingsguard....

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"
redix27 wrote:
The question is.... why noone uploads an Uber vid? Neither LL or Life Kingsguard....

He is farming Uber...
[2.0] [Revamped & Uber Farming Optimized] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067

He has Vid:
[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, reflect immune !!UBER DOWN!!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1318464
"
redix27 wrote:

Would YOU risk your level 99 XP on an Uber run just for the lulz?

I'll get to it after dinging 100.

This isn't the build you want if you want to farm Uber - go look at one of the life Kingsguard builds.

Again, this is the best option you want if you want to primarily do maps. You are not going to be able to do 100% of maps with the life based options. With this, you can.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 29, 2015, 1:02:45 PM
"
sgw9426 wrote:
I encourage you to check out my build and finally compare apples to apples. My friend Xionista had just come up with a brilliant scion tree too

I just looked this one up and it seems to have really low IAS (no Berserking, Art of the Gladiator, or Harrier). Could you please post basic stat screenshots for this?

"
tackle70 wrote:
Again, this is the best option you want if you want to primarily do maps. You are not going to be able to do 100% of maps with the life based options. With this, you can.

Having played both now (I originally rebuilt my 1.3 low-life discharger, played until a few days ago and then rebuilt it as a life-based one), I'm inclined to agree with this. Life seems weirdly squishy in ways that low-life never did, and suddenly I have to look out for map mods and adjust or reroll some. I don't know if it's due to having rather low life (5k) despite the armor, but it doesn't feel significantly sturdier, and I've experienced one or two one-shots (that would not kill a 9k ES build).

As a Scion, it's difficult to get enough mana not to be OOM very often even with two +2 MGoH jewels, and having to use a BM gem and not even be able to get 4 auras is just silly compared to the number of auras available on low life (although I think it would work with Alpha's, level 4 Enlighten, 3 auras and 1 herald).

If you have a fully functional low life build that's "done" in terms of gems, jewels, equipment, and everything, I wouldn't recommend switching to life just quite yet.
Last edited by exit_zero on Jul 29, 2015, 1:49:51 PM
"
exit_zero wrote:
"
sgw9426 wrote:
I encourage you to check out my build and finally compare apples to apples. My friend Xionista had just come up with a brilliant scion tree too

I just looked this one up and it seems to have really low IAS (no Berserking, Art of the Gladiator, or Harrier). Could you please post basic stat screenshots for this?

"
tackle70 wrote:

Having played both now (I originally rebuilt my 1.3 low-life discharger, played until a few days ago and then rebuilt it as a life-based one), I'm inclined to agree with this. Life seems weirdly squishy in ways that low-life never did, and suddenly I have to look out for map mods and adjust or reroll some. I don't know if it's due to having rather low life (5k) despite the armor, but it doesn't feel significantly sturdier, and I've experienced one or two one-shots (that would not kill a 9k ES build).

As a Scion, it's difficult to get enough mana not to be OOM very often even with two +2 MGoH jewels, and having to use a BM gem and not even be able to get 4 auras is just silly compared to the number of auras available on low life (although I think it would work with Alpha's, level 4 Enlighten, 3 auras and 1 herald).

If you have a fully functional low life build that's "done" in terms of gems, jewels, equipment, and everything, I wouldn't recommend switching to life just quite yet.

I want you to enjoy the life based build as what it's intended to be, so I looked at your setup and I have a few pointers:

-Use a granite flask of iron skin instead of jade of reflexes. You can sustain granite flasks much better since it only consumes 30 charges on use while jade consumes 40. You benefit a lot more from % increased armour instead of % increased evasion since the latter is only applied to your base evasion rating while the former is applied to both.

-Use Magnate, and don't use headhunter if surviving and leveling up is your goal. I've died many times with a headhunter (I've selling mine) because I'd go into a boss fight and realize my flasks didn't recharge midfight. I would say my build gets half of its survivability from flasks and the ability to maintain flask charges 100% of the time in ANY situation. I do like the headhunter a lot as a fun item, and I have done a 1 death uber with it (accidentally), but I don't wear it when I'm mapping seriously.

-Use lightning strike instead of blood magic in your 6L. I know you mentioned that you run into mana problems but the people I know running the scion build are completely fine. Shoot me a message in site or in game if you want to discuss it because this is the first time I hear someone needing more than 2 MGoH jewels, and not the other way around. With lightning strike you can pretty much run into any pack of mobs and hammer away because mjolner procs instantly. You can't really do the same with molten strike because you have to wait a bit before procs go off and a few big hits before then can kill you.

-Now, your tree. I see your tree, and I fully understand why you take those pathings. I've blown more than 200 regrets on my scion trying to figure out a scion tree that shines through attack speed and jewel sockets (check out my scion tree aka my worst experiment). Like you, I was tempted to go down from scion start and grab constitution, because it's so close. While I was down there I thought might as well get berserking and art of the gladiator, and before I knew it I've spent 20 points. Now, I call those notables "scion traps", because they tempt you into inefficient pathings for very little benefit. Between getting witch flask nodes, a decent amount of life and armour, and iron reflexes, you are really only left with 10-20 points to spare, and the best places to spend these points are on life nodes and jewel nodes you already have access to.
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
http://poedb.tw/us/skilltree.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pathofexile.com%2Ffullscreen-passive-skill-tree%2FAAAAAwABAdwB5wOWBLMFLQVCDlwRLRLhFCAWQBZvFy8YVhhdGj4c3B0UIG4hYCcLKPopLimlLJwy0TWSNug7KECgQYdBlkSeRUdFfkZpR35Ms1AwUEdTu1XWVw1Yr14TXz9gQ2FSZOdlTWaeaHRo8mr6bj1vO3Txd-N4DXrvfIN8uICkggeCx4MJg7aE2YV9hmCG0Y5kjxqPRpHOktCUoJZsns2fy6IApwinMKlurY2t8a6ztfK2-rc-uJO9Nr6AvqfAGsBmz37QH9D10iHYTdi92WHaYuNq5FHr7u8O707v6_Af8azyQfem-ej60v4K&url2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pathofexile.com%2Ffullscreen-passive-skill-tree%2FAAAAAwABAecEBwSzBS0FQg5cES0S4RQgFE0VUBZvFy8YVhhdGJEaOBo-HNwdFCBuIWAnCycvKPopLimlLJwt0jLRNug6WD38QKBBlkVHRX5GaUa3TLNQMFBHVcZV1lcNWGNZ814TXz9hUmTnZp5odGjyavpyD3KpdO108Xaseu98g3y4gKSCB4LHg7aD24ZghtGMz45kjxqPRpBVkc6S0JSglmyezZ8-n8uiAKcIpzCsqq2NrfGus7b6uJO8n8Bmz37QH9D10iHTb9hN2WHZfNpi42rqGOvu7w7vTu_r8B_xrPJB9kj3Mvem-ej60vxL

You can compare Xion's 117 point tree against yours.

His tree has 51% more life.

Yours has 39% more IAS, 22% more armour, 1% more regen, 6% more cast speed....

Most of these stats are what I consider useless for this build, regen, cast speed, melee damage etc.. I don't condone on getting more armour than you need because we get more EHP out of life than armour at this point. You have the SAME amount of jewel sockets, assuming you're going to socket the aura effect jewel in order to get +1 max resists. You can easily make up for the lost attack speed with jewels, but you can't make up for that much life.
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
Last edited by sgw9426 on Jul 29, 2015, 9:45:40 PM
"
sgw9426 wrote:
I want you to enjoy the life based build as what it's intended to be, so I looked at your setup and I have a few pointers:

Right, apologies in advance for the extremely brief quoting, don't want to create an unreadable wall of text.

"
-Use a granite flask of iron skin instead of jade of reflexes.

I only really used Jade because it gave me 1-2k more armor since all my Granites have some godawfully low increased armor percentage, I still haven't rolled all the flasks.

"
-Use Magnate, and don't use headhunter

I actually haven't noticed flasks not recharging much, even without Magnate. Plus I don't have a +1 End charge one and come on, who wants to use a regular one. The psychological effect of playing with such a subpar piece of equipment would be devastating!

Anyway, the flasks seem remarkably full most of the time even with my rather spammy usage. I do sort of wish there was a checkbox on the UI for something like "don't use this flask if the effect is still active" though.

"
-Use lightning strike instead of blood magic in your 6L. I know you mentioned that you run into mana problems but the people I know running the scion build are completely fine.

I literally have something like 28 mana after auras, because my Enlighten is only lvl2. It was sort of ok with Alpha's instead of Devoto's, so BM is just a stop gap until proper Enlighten really.

"
-Now, your tree

The main difference between my tree and Xionista's seems to be life vs IAS. How much life do you think is necessary for this build to feel like it's not going to keel over randomly? With my current jewels, I have 4987, which is somewhere around what you had in your guide OP IIRC. This still feels very squishy to me.

And there's the IAS issue, I currently only have 5.52 with MS/LS, which goes to 6.03 with Blood Rage, and it seems lowish to me even with all the attack speed passives I wasted the points on. Without them, it would probably be beyond terrible. Granted I do have rather poorly rolled jewels, but I doubt I'd ever be able to get decent attack speed on every single one to compensate. This is why I was wondering about Xionista's build's stats - I was mostly interested in life/attack, since I can't think of much else that would make a significant difference.
Hi this build viable without legacy mjolner, with solaris lorica and volls devotion?
Non-Legacy Mjölner is ok as long as you take 1 extra Endurence and Powercharge.

Taking a Lorica should cost you ~2k ES. That alone is quite a bit of a problem. Additionally the rest of your gear won't be that good if you can't affort a Shav's -> I think you wont have much more ES then 7k ES. 7k ES might be borderline ok if you go with a VP version.

You can go with a Lorica but it won't be that good. If you can't affort a shavs in the long run i would prefer the Lifebased Kingsguard build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info