Chaos Immunity - Still getting hit?

I just recently specced into CI to get chaos immunity, doesn't that mean I shouldn't get hurt at all from all kind of chaos dmg? Including my Energy Shield, it shouldn't get hit? Or have I misunderstood the immunity?
If I have misunderstood its purpose I apologize.

I know that chaosdmg totally ignores Energy Shield. But I have encountered mobs that deals chaos damage, and they hurt my Energy Shield when I have CI active. Is this a bug or intended that it should hurt Energy Shield if I have maxhp 1?
Onslaught League: KoleStoleMyVirginity, Witch 54
Last edited by skmzarn on Feb 1, 2013, 12:14:29 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
A mob that has the "Deals chaos damage" affix does not necessarily deal chaos damage exclusively.

I tested this by using the Molten Shell spell on mobs with the said affix - and it did in fact trigger the explosion.

As such, the damage tearing on your energy shield is probably physical or elemental.

Last edited by BigTody on Feb 1, 2013, 12:40:04 PM
"
BigTody wrote:
A mob that has the "Deals chaos damage" affix does not necessarily deal chaos damage exclusively.

I tested this by using the Molten Shell spell on mobs with the said affix - and it did in fact trigger the explosion.

As such, the damage tearing on your energy shield is probably physical or elemental.

I haven't specifically checked up on the mobs hitting me. But they cast green thingies, and why I know they do deal chaosdmg is because when I did not have CI, my HP was hurt by them but not my ES. And now my ES is hurt by them. That's why I am so certain that is actually chaosdmg.
And I don't even think it says on the attributes that they do deal chaosdmg.

Point here is if it's a mix between chaosdmg and any other elementaldmg, I don't know about that.
Would really like some clarification on this.
Yes, it is a mix between Chaos damage and usually physical damage. You will take no damage from Viper Strike charges, or from the degeneration aura that some monsters have, or other sources that are entirely Chaos damage.
I don't know. I am still confused because when I did not have CI my ES was never hurt from such mobs. Never. Only the HP as intended. That's why I am confused.

Think it might be a good idea to check up on the mobs specifically so they could check if it's actually bugs going on with CI for this reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info