Losing Control of Character

This bug has been happening infrequently in closed Beta, where I'll be playing and suddenly I lose all ability to do anything with my character, permanently, until I restart the game (costing instances, progress, spectres, often a death). I can drink potions, chat, access the menus. I cannot use skills, move, use items from inventory or hop into a portal opened right under my feet. In open beta it's happening a little more frequently and at very inopportune times.

I checked the known bugs list and the first few pages of the forum and couldn't find record of this. Apologies if it is known.

Screenshot of the latest incident:

Spoiler
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It should have been fixed after the 0.10E hotfix patch.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
As can be seen, it wasn't.
I've been losing my character at a very common rate. Please fix!
There is definitely a bug related to summons, witch class, and possibly status effects.
I had my witch frozen in Vaal Pyramid.

I had full cursor control, could open a TP, could drink pots, could dispell my summons, could unequip/equip gear, but I could not move.

Tried rebinding skills; Tried removing all equipment; Tried opening/closing windows. Tried resyncing.

Ended up logging out.

Not sure how to replicate.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
This just happened to me twice in a span of roughly an hour. Could chat and chug pots, but couldn't move or attack. First time I was running through an empty map and had to restart the client to fix the issue. Second time happened near a large pack of monsters, so I lost my character.

I suspect it might be connected to movement speed mod on one of my mana flasks, as the bug occured relatively soon after I started using the flask.
Last edited by Tasaio on Feb 16, 2013, 3:40:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info