LOST ALL OF MY ITEMS, STILL HAVE CHARACTERS

Title says it all. All of my items are gone. I do not see any further reason for me to play this wonderful beta anymore.

I wasn't on HC.
I've made sure it's the right stash realm.
There are usually a few options in this case:

1) You moved your items to another account in the hope the GM's would return your items.

My answer: Do you really think they didn't take actions like this in account? The admins can trace item movements between players if they want to. If you did this you will likely get banned.

2) Someone close to you who knows your password moved all your gear as a joke (or to sell). This kinda stuff happens.

My answer: This is your own fault and responsibility, find out who it was and have them return the items. Of course change your password.

3) Your password was stolen from you. This can be done in many ways but the most common ones are:

- A keylogger is running on your pc that is not detected by your antivirus.
- You used your password in different places and the admin of the site decided to abuse his power.

My answer: No anti-virus is perfect and it's good practice to run an alternative anti-virus every once in a while (I do this every 3 months). On top of that you should regularly run anti-spyware software to catch the stuff that your anti-virus misses.

4) Path of Exile was hacked and your items where stolen that way.

My answer: This did not happen otherwise I am sure there would be a ton of posts and there would probably be a rollback of sorts.

My bets are on 2 or 3.

Run your regular anti-virus and another web anti-virus (like panda cloud for example).
Then run the anti-spyware tools I recommended.

Post the results of these scans so we know we are working with a clean system before further troubleshooting.
Haha, I read this in another post.

I give up. Too much of a hassle.

It was fun PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info