PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

When crowded, lagspikes and framedrops!

Okay what happens is when im playing trough the game with a stable 60 FPS~, and stuff gets to crowded on screen or in a town, my frames tend to drop quite a bit (20-30 or so~) and giving me a freeze / stutter.
After a few seconds its over but still.

I tried lowering my AF setting from 16 to 8, And AA from 3 to 1 and 2 etc, and shadow from the highest into basic, but that didnt help much

What would you advice? Perhaps put shadows on none?
My specs are:

E8400 Dual Core CPU 2 x 3.0 Ghz
4 GB PC 6400 (2x2gb dragon retail kit, 800mhz)
Ati Radeon HD 4850 Vapor-x 512 MB (catalyst 13.1 i believe, latest version)
Samsung Spinpoint F1 750 GB hard drive

My video card settings are focused on performance, with tripple buffering on, mipmap on performance, and let the game overwrite the AA / AF setting. I also have the setting enabled in ati radeon console: When game doesnt have VSYNC, then the card itself goes into sync mode.

I could also change the texture detail from HIGH into medium, but i dont think i would want that?!
Im running the game on 1920x1080 resolution.

Regards

PS: Normally though, when playing solo, my FPS is good as stable on 60~ more or less. Without stutters.
I have same problem and smilar CPU spec.( Radeon 4850). Probably it's not enough RAM on video card. U have only 512mb. I think recommended is 1GB. I play on minimal graphic settings no shadow ,no vsync, only use post processing an have 80 - 110fps when play alone,but sometimes falls to 30fps when on screen is too much monster and effect with skill :<
Last edited by morloh on Feb 1, 2013, 9:09:42 AM
I have the same problem with my Geforce 540 GT. I hope a patch helps to reduce the fps drop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info