1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

I run about lvl 10 on cwdt, ec, ic and increased duration is at 18.
Btw about melee physical from the wiki
"
supporting Molten Strike with Melee Physical Damage will increase the damage of the melee hit but not the projectiles.
Which is why going to strong arm is in my opinion more worthwhile for 2 passives then born to fight and the initial 15% melee damage node despite being 5% less damage.
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 18, 2014, 3:01:00 AM
"
Fhark wrote:
from the wiki
"
supporting Molten Strike with Melee Physical Damage will increase the damage of the melee hit but not the projectiles.
Which is why going to strong arm is in my opinion more worthwhile for 2 passives then born to fight and the initial 15% melee damage node despite being 5% less damage.

Thanks Fhark,

I will make the change.
I am currently making a marauder with this build at level 83 and just recently being able to afford a doryani catalyst.
Before switching to 1h + shield i had about 13k dps with my cheap 2h axe i use before. After i respec my build and use 1h + shield i only have 5k dps and very slow map clearing time.

The gear im currently using is:

5 link Lightning Coil - (Molten Strike - Multistrike - WED - BM - Fire pen)
Doryani Catalyst with decent roll
Doryani Belt with 30% fire
Hrimnor Resolve with 30% fire
Prismatic ring with 30% weap ele damage

and here is my skill build now
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kiMzz38WGPG2F8_oLTzBvIv0iFqHqgYducirzhTpzCezRiRUEcUIIY7NI7_0wHnVw1yqfcyu-2RznzZrKqHGWwW_Esn7WaewBpZ86-NUWBPfYBWfuL60uw4GjinhJBVgpspT3flV-Kbg4TvYSEaVWSjNujnkcOGXhOsrzJ-OlLdDVuvTiq2QUMxG8iQClb6_MWkwhR1FSAs6aQ50IFH4iLio4ruDk2SI_YbrUjuPeK309fLBS1gS3rvdO0nL-OfpKzvDryf

with 3 aura up (haste - tempest - hoa) my tooltip dps on molten strike is 6.2k
i struggle in 70 maps because i cant kill the mobs especially the big mobs with life regen.
my only survivability issues is because i cant kill the mobs fast enough

is there something wrong with my skill build and my gear? pls give me some advice

thanks before :)
WE have similar problem but mine is not enough DPS to clear on lvl 75+ maps on a full party.s

Curious what shield you using? Aegis or what they recommended on page one?

"
seeallover wrote:
I am currently making a marauder with this build at level 83 and just recently being able to afford a doryani catalyst.
Before switching to 1h + shield i had about 13k dps with my cheap 2h axe i use before. After i respec my build and use 1h + shield i only have 5k dps and very slow map clearing time.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kiMzz38WGPG2F8_oLTzBvIv0iFqHqgYducirzhTpzCezRiRUEcUIIY7NI7_0wHnVw1yqfcyu-2RznzZrKqHGWwW_Esn7WaewBpZ86-NUWBPfYBWfuL60uw4GjinhJBVgpspT3flV-Kbg4TvYSEaVWSjNujnkcOGXhOsrzJ-OlLdDVuvTiq2QUMxG8iQClb6_MWkwhR1FSAs6aQ50IFH4iLio4ruDk2SI_YbrUjuPeK309fLBS1gS3rvdO0nL-OfpKzvDryf

i struggle in 70 maps because i cant kill the mobs especially the big mobs with life regen.

is there something wrong with my skill build and my gear? pls give me some advice

"
KRYPTONINER wrote:
WE have similar problem but mine is not enough DPS to clear on lvl 75+ maps on a full party.s

"
seeallover wrote:

i know right... there is not enough dps so i am wondering what could be wrong....
i have no currency to buy aegis right now because its so expensive for what little it give i think.
currently im using a rare shield with 31% block chance and 30% light res because i need a lot of light resist to cap the lightning coil.
I have lioneye, saffel's and aegis aurora.
this build is hard to tank on lvl 75-78 rare maps.
Also DPS for lvl 75-78+ map party is not good.

Stripping my marauder and gearing up my archer instead.

"
seeallover wrote:
"
KRYPTONINER wrote:

"
seeallover wrote:

i know right... there is not enough dps so i am wondering what could be wrong....
i have no currency to buy aegis right now because its so expensive for what little it give i think.
currently im using a rare shield with 31% block chance and 30% light res because i need a lot of light resist to cap the lightning coil.
Anyone running a crit build here with 1h/shield and without AOF + maybe a bino instead for more crits?
Personally i found i had to drop haste on maps 72 and over I would run hatred and pyre ring if possible, with full 20/20 gems in your 5l you should get to about 12000 dps maybe, not sure because my numbers are with +2 from alphas howl to auras.
"
seeallover wrote:

Have you tried using Hatred with a Pyre instead of haste? Correct me if I am wrong but you would get much more of a dps increase running Hatred with Pyre since you run WED.

I am getting close the the 60's and I'm sitting at 2k dps with a 1h/shield. The point of using the 1h/shield is to be super tanky while doing average dps.
Last edited by Dunno207 on Sep 23, 2014, 9:55:49 AM
"

It took me a while before i noticed that aegis replinshes 2% of armour as es, So without much effort i have about 600es and 72% of the time (depends on block) I am replinishing 240 es (2% of 12000) Its a pretty good constant buffer. I know things are expensive in game, if you really get into the game I would recommend you start a magic find toon. I did a righteous fire one using iir gem on the end of a 5l and not doing the curse on hit, hes made close to 100ex (I did get lucky) . You can also change your gear and cull with high iir iiq. Mollari has a video about it on youtube since we can launch maps from our hideout which allows you to change toons to a mf culler.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info