1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Anyone know if coil is absolutely necessary for end game maps etc?

I currently have
lying around and was wanting to find a build to utilize it.

I also have a doryani's and ~11 exalts worth of shit I can use to get more gear.

This build sounds like the most fun so far.

Any ideas what other gear I could get to beef up?

I am guessing stone of laz + a high block shield to try and cap spell block (along with strides)

I have a really sick belt but I think I would use the doryani belt for 2% leech for sustain
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
No lightning coil isnt necessary for endgame (it is good) i use this chest
and have done up to lvl77 maps and atziri (as of today). For the shield well aegis is good, some people are starting to use rathpith (159 int req) for max spellblock, Safellis frame is also good versus atziri, dom and piety.
On another note I think Purity of fire is great for atziri (sure many of you knew), I would def recommend levelling one in your alt weapon slots.
"
Tomark wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:

because we want as much block as possible and any added damage is only a bonus with this build. so no, it is not much stronger. It is simply a difference in preference.

there is no 'preference' about it.

It's the same block, it's the same amount of points, and it nets you 30% more damage for your projectiles.

There is no 'preference' in flat out inferior nodes.

I am not sure what you are saying.

1% Melee phys = 1% 1h phys damage. meaning the current 35% + 20 STR > 30% + 20 str from moving the two points to strong arm. According to the builder strong arm is 20% + 20STR and 10% with the node before it. So unless the passives are different in game, i am not seeing it.

melee phys can simply be applied to any weapon rather then just 1h weapons.

might want to baby step if for me if I am wrong. I am working on other builds and focusing heavily on school so not really wasting brain power in the forums right now.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 16, 2014, 4:03:01 PM
I just wanted to mention that in two of your threads, you mention the possibility of using a quality reduced mana gem to help squeeze in Herald of ash, but I don't think the quality actually affects the amount of mana reserved.
there is just one thing that grinds my gear with this spell. the amount of time between hit and projectile dmg. also with a lot of targets around you it is somewhere clear that this spell was not thought for aoe clearing stuff. maybe my dps is still to low, but I just don´t see how this can clear faster than a arc witch for example. nice tanky build, would recommend it.

however, I just love standing in a pack of mobs tanking stuff and not dieing ^^
Is this build viable for end-game maps/parties? (In terms of survivability and dps output)
"
PremiumX wrote:
I just wanted to mention that in two of your threads, you mention the possibility of using a quality reduced mana gem to help squeeze in Herald of ash, but I don't think the quality actually affects the amount of mana reserved.
It definitely doesn't affect that.

"
Mephos wrote:
there is just one thing that grinds my gear with this spell. the amount of time between hit and projectile dmg. also with a lot of targets around you it is somewhere clear that this spell was not thought for aoe clearing stuff. maybe my dps is still to low, but I just don´t see how this can clear faster than a arc witch for example. nice tanky build, would recommend it.

however, I just love standing in a pack of mobs tanking stuff and not dieing ^^
You won't clear faster than something like an Arc witch. But you won't die to a lot of stuff that would kill an Arc witch either. It clears pretty good for a melee build and you should be pretty damn hard to kill, but almost no melee build will match up against a ranged one in pure clearspeed.
IGN: Dmillz
"
PremiumX wrote:

ya, thought i changed em. guess not. ill get to it eventually
lvl 66 when I killed Dom- first try, no deaths and no spell block.

Loving this build; have taken my own variation but it is quite similar. Found a carcass jack and 6L'd it then got 3 off colors so I stopped chancing my luck. The colors aren't too bad but this is the gear I have and the supports I chose based on the colors.
Spoiler

I do not like wearing the carnage heart but it is the best in-slot for my level and lack of int so that I can wear carcass. Ran out of chromes so my gloves need to have another red on them and need to keep crafting those. Ring are utter crap; need some fire and phys on them.

At level 75, I am switching to: (I will throw my HoA supports in there so that I can use the prolif :D)
Spoiler

Im at the point in the tree where I can either spec life or shield nodes- this is my first shield build so I do not know how powerful it is to specc into block over life. I have 3.5k life, lvl 67.

I'd also like to point out that mana leech is required for this build to sustain all the meatballs. Only running Hatred and HoA on mana and clarity on blood magic.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Sep 17, 2014, 11:04:58 AM
What levels of CWDT + Enfeeble/Enduring Cry are you guys running?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info