1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Siracha,

first and foremost get your HP/resists in order. Rings are generally a large portion of this for most builds.

After that... WED, elemental damage, attack speed, are just some good choices to add from there.
"
ZeusTheGiant wrote:
It sounds like many people are having some issues with keeping mana up.

Considering this guide has no mana variant I am not surprised. If you guys are wanting to play a mana base I would probably roll shadow. If enough people need it, I will post a write up on how to run mana with MS.

Couple things about mana builds is they require quite a few point investments to maintain the current aura set up otherwise you are dropping an aura, most likely HoA. Now you will gain a little bit more damage with the gem vs HoA but will it be worth the required passive investment to do so? Honestly, I doubt it, but I have not looked into it. I have only ran the concepts through my head.
Possible build update: Still deciding.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY_ZIjM89_F8_7w4nL-Of-6qgtPMG5FF7jMEEpzCezVW1GJFQRxQgducirzhT0iEn7Rku2WFXDYcZbBb8S3zZcqmsqg4Uy0MZ6cAaWfOQVRo4p4RmnjboAecyfjpSGlVko5uDhO9hIcOGXhOsr-eRKaVOKrZBQzEbyFuvkArdDUp9h3ZnoPzFFHWkwt7BFPZr2YY7YEt673TtBS2vjT3it9PXy6OK7g5W-hutSO5NkiP2jX28n6SsY6fdRhGB-tJk5xcvgKRV1uNqNulPfYBWfuJRYKmV

Going back more towards the 1.1 version of the build, this concept will allow us to gain dps. At the loss of hp/flask nodes (we gain the HP back) and 2% block.

This version allows for:

Grace + Hatred + HoA W/ prolif + inc. burn

OR

Grace + Hatred + PoF

grabbing the 4% reserve down by iron grip will allow for a bit more:

Grace + Hatred + HoA (no link) + Tempest Shield w/ blind

Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 9, 2014, 4:33:09 PM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
ZeusTheGiant wrote:
It sounds like many people are having some issues with keeping mana up.

Considering this guide has no mana variant I am not surprised. If you guys are wanting to play a mana base I would probably roll shadow. If enough people need it, I will post a write up on how to run mana with MS.

Couple things about mana builds is they require quite a few point investments to maintain the current aura set up otherwise you are dropping an aura, most likely HoA. Now you will gain a little bit more damage with the gem vs HoA but will it be worth the required passive investment to do so? Honestly, I doubt it, but I have not looked into it. I have only ran the concepts through my head.

If you review the three nodes that I mentioned in my write up it may be enough to sustain a 6L but may also need 1-2% ML from gear. Still waiting to try with more expensive costing gems but the way that conc effect works, more projectiles should hit the target which means more mana for the increased cost. In doing so you don't rely on HP for hardcore leagues and frees up a gem spot.
To be honest man, so many people are posting trees and variations that I do not check them anymore. Ill review what you have and get back to you later.
thx for the info. I don´t plan to get that unique weapon for now. I guess as a solo player you will probably need years to get that much currency ^^

about mana issues

4l = 2% mana leech on gear
5l = 4% mana leech on gear
6l = ? (couldn´t test)

however, I don´t know if the projectiles of MS also leech mana since its not a physical melee attack (so I guess not).

I really love the build. currently lvl 70 and just farming docks in merciless :D

however the 75% spell block still are a riddle how to obtain them without sacrificing my shield for that stupid unique who gives spell dmg and spell block (don´t know name atm, sry).

rainbowstrider will probably only do half the job and passivs in witch tree are a little bit far away xD...

Edit: about the above build

Spoiler
"
Kartikdon wrote:
Possible build update: Still deciding.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY_ZIjM89_F8_7w4nL-Of-6qgtPMG5FF7jMEEpzCezVW1GJFQRxQgducirzhT0iEn7Rku2WFXDYcZbBb8S3zZcqmsqg4Uy0MZ6cAaWfOQVRo4p4RmnjboAecyfjpSGlVko5uDhO9hIcOGXhOsr-eRKaVOKrZBQzEbyFuvkArdDUp9h3ZnoPzFFHWkwt7BFPZr2YY7YEt673TtBS2vjT3it9PXy6OK7g5W-hutSO5NkiP2jX28n6SsY6fdRhGB-tJk5xcvgKRV1uNqNulPfYBWfuJRYKmV

Going back more towards the 1.1 version of the build, this concept will allow us to gain dps. At the loss of hp/flask nodes (we gain the HP back) and 2% block.

This version allows for:

Grace + Hatred + HoA W/ prolif + inc. burn

OR

Grace + Hatred + PoF

grabbing the 4% reserve down by iron grip will allow for a bit more:

Grace + Hatred + HoA (no link) + Tempest Shield w/ blind

I exactly rebuild it like this. by taking the block notes with resistance I was able to drop my amulett for the spell block unique etc. you get overall 1% more block and more HP with that variation. :) overall I play the 100% same build at the moment, except I didn´t take the elemental notes because I´m not sure what they actually do. ^^

edit2: I also took the "20% reduced critical strike dmg from enemy" passiv note. I saw a lot of death videos where people got one shot by tornado shot ranger etc. ^^
Its not necessary but it helps a lot to overcome certain burst dmg situations.
I think I did build a little bit more tanky than dps. still missing some phys dmg notes but clearspeed is ok so far, so let the HP coming (4.4k atm :D)
Last edited by Mephos on Sep 9, 2014, 5:54:00 PM
If people are trying to run ms off mana it may be good to look at http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911916 Dmillz's molten strike mana build its not updated for 1.2 as far as i can tell, it also doesnt use doryanis so that should be helpful to people particularly in beyond (since self crafting has had a big boost).
"
Mephos wrote:

however the 75% spell block still are a riddle how to obtain them without sacrificing my shield for that stupid unique who gives spell dmg and spell block (don´t know name atm, sry).

rainbowstrider will probably only do half the job and passivs in witch tree are a little bit far away xD...

Passives are out of question, that is just not worth it.
However having max block + Stone of Lazhwar + Rainbowstride will result in - 56.25% spell block. That is IMHO sufficient considering you still have physical block.

The spell block shield (Saffell's Frame) is useful in your offhand so that you can swap it vs magic-heavy boss fights. In such fight you can change the shield and your necklace for something else (since the shield and boots will give you max themselves).
"
Fhark wrote:
If people are trying to run ms off mana it may be good to look at http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911916 Dmillz's molten strike mana build its not updated for 1.2 as far as i can tell, it also doesnt use doryanis so that should be helpful to people particularly in beyond (since self crafting has had a big boost).

Dmillz's build actually went for Doryani's, he never got the currency to pick one up is all. Check his gearing section under "wants". Ill get with him and see if he has any plans on updating his MS variant.

In 1.1, every viable MS build was shooting for a Doryani's for good reason. An amazing weapon for only a few ex. Now that it has become popular the cost has sky rocketed and people are going to just have to invest into a good rare. Results will be the same.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 10, 2014, 1:47:23 AM
I just wanted to make a update about Atziri after making some some changes to my build after the other days failed attempt at Atziri. Today I completed it with only a single death to the Trio that was avoidable.

I picked up some more DPS via some attack speed nodes which also gets me out of the attack animation faster making it easier to dodge the big hits.

And this is the gear I run for the fight

Atziri Gear

General Gear and also for Trio

Auras: Hatred, Herald of Ash and Tempest Shield

Vaal Constructs Fight

I swap this shield in.

Auras: Hatred, Herald of Ash and Purity of Lightning

Atziri Fight

There are a lot of gem swaps that happen here.
Gloves get the Leap Slam moved to the mace, replaced by Purity of Fire.
On the mace Blind gets replaced by faster attacks.
Boots get Spell Totem, Temporal Chains and Reduced Mana, Flammability is removed.
Saffels Frame is used with CWDT, Enduring Cry and Spell Echo.
Auras: Hatred, Herald of Ash and Purity of Fire

Now a very possible fight at level 86.
IGN: _WaPaPow_ or KillItWithFire__ (two underscores)
Last edited by Resilient on Sep 10, 2014, 3:27:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info