1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Sillarus

"
As for life leech. Are you certain those 2% will do the trick? Seems pretty low to me, although it might work. I know that leech applies up to a percentage of my max health but I doubt I have enough dmg to make 2% suffiecient drain :-/

Take a look at my gear, the 2% works well for me. I have no problems keeping my health up on maps up to 75 (which is as high as I have gotten, I am level 85).

For you, I would look at upgrading your gloves and chest for more life. I be you could get a good upgrade for 5-10c each.

I personally only run 3 mana reserving skills. Usually hatred, herald of ash and tempest shield. I also use the Pyre ring which gives me a huge DPS boost from hatred. So if you want to run 4, keep the helm and replace the gloves and chest.
IGN: _WaPaPow_ or KillItWithFire__ (two underscores)
"
What benefit is there to 6 seconds of IC?
The IC is good for the upcoming fights and against her spears, sorry i should have been a bit clearer. I noticed I was staying healthier with 21000 armour so I think physical dmg mitigation helps a lot of the time. Master of the arena is primarily good for health regen but the other stats arent bad. I love health regen nodes. Youre correct 75% spell block is the max, ive wondered about dropping the rainbow striders for the fight and using high life 30 movement speed boots.
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 9, 2014, 3:15:01 AM
man, I didn´t knew that "Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Sceptre" would cost up to 30ex in beyond league (and farming aziri is somewhere out of question).

is this build also working out with other weapons that are cheaper?

I´m currently 69 (merciless A3) with the following gear (self found mainly):

Spoiler

I only have about 3k dps tooltip ..

however, I don´t know how to continue. I would rather skip the mace notes at all since there is no mace which has a higher attack speed than 1.6 (haven´t seen one).

but the problem is that I don´t know how well my character now scales. farming merciless in A3 is reeeeeeeeeeeaaaally time consuming and sometimes I have to skip beyond packs that have life+life regen because I just can´t kill them with 3k dps.

any tips? (any yeah I know my gear is pretty shit at the moment)
and yes, I will probably never own even 1ex, so cheap tips would be good xD
My number 1 tip would be to drop the blood magic gem.

You are wearing a wurm's molt, use the mana leech on it.

You can't ecpect to do DpS if you are using 2 out of 4 supports for sustain (LgoH and BM).

Your weapon is actually pretty good (for A3M), so 3k DpS is not acceptable.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
My number 1 tip would be to drop the blood magic gem.

You are wearing a wurm's molt, use the mana leech on it.

You can't ecpect to do DpS if you are using 2 out of 4 supports for sustain (LgoH and BM).

Your weapon is actually pretty good (for A3M), so 3k DpS is not acceptable.

funny thing is, if I remove blood magic I can sustain the spell pretty good with mana only. BUT the moment I put WED in it (150% multi) the spell costs to much to sustain .. I run out of mana and almost died because I stopped hitting. I need around 4% mana leech on my gear to sustain the spell with the current dps. :(

LgoH is in my eyes absolut necessary to survive. I actually don´t know how I should do that with flask only (even with high block, grace, etc. I still get a lot of dmg and even with LgoH I had some "near death" experiences).

the 3k dps is only with hatred aura, normally I would run grace for even more survival.
I don´t know. I probably could play it easy without LgoH if I only would clear trash groups all the time. but some beyond packs just melt my HP (chaos dmg, high physical crit etc.).

I´m afraid when I remove it I will die. -.-
Hmmm, you could try lvl1 clarity.

Other than that, I'd probably reroll the chest piece, it has pretty low rolls. Alch/scour it a couple of times.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Hmmm, you could try lvl1 clarity.

Other than that, I'd probably reroll the chest piece, it has pretty low rolls. Alch/scour it a couple of times.

the chest is very low ilvl and has max roll for live and one resi as far as I looked it up.(bought it for 1 alch)

Actually it gets a little depressing at that point. I had about 5 characters in the level range around 70 and never managed to pump my dps above 5k -.- .. I do something wrong or don´t get it. I don´t know :/

Maybe I should start getting some physical damage notes, but there are still about 7 live notes missing ^^
Last edited by Mephos on Sep 9, 2014, 11:38:30 AM
Doryanis had shot up in price since I wrote this guide. When this build was made few builds used it so it was only a few ex... Now that people know about the weapon it is in high demand.

None the less you DONT need it. I had a rare 1h axe that cost me about 8c and put out near the same damage. If I were to invest 1 or 2ex into a rare, it would start to output more damage then dory. The reason we liked dory, was its fire leech. You can build these defenses elsewhere.
I decided to do a 1.2 Beyond MS build. I did very little research and now that I'm level 69 with an already rip'd 73 I am reviewing what others have done. It sounds like many people are having some issues with keeping mana up.

Tree
Spoiler

Yes I know there are some key damage nodes I still need to get but that's what I'm planning on over the next 11 levels. You can see I picked up the three mana nodes near the duelist area. As of right now they are able to keep my mana at max but I still carry a hybrid when fighting a long battle solo, but even then rarely pop it. You have to realize these nodes are perfect for attacks as long as you're killing. You're getting 20 mana on kill and 2 per attack. While using multistrike you get 9 projectiles for the price of 1 "cast". Additionally each projectile can hit more than 1 target, so you can see how much mana you're gaining.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtFCAUTRR1Fm8YkRjbGS4aOBpVIWAkqicvJ-0yfjKJNro26DbpOd06Uj38QKBD50ZpSn1PfVBHUWBT31W1VvpXDVfiWGNYr1nzXz9gS2EhZKNmnmegbBZul3KpdO108Xfleu982X7igFaE74cZh3aMz5BVm4OezaC0ogCkwqcwp4SsqqyvwBrBBMbY0iHZYeNq45_ksew47w7wH_Kc8wb2SPe--tL8S_zF

Current Gems:
Spoiler

MS:
Spoiler

Order of importance
Molten Strike -> Weapon Elemental Damage -> Multistrike -> Added Fire

Plan to add concentrated effect once I 5L

Additional offense:
Spoiler

Hatred seems to be the best aura as others have found as well for a MS build. I am also running Herald of Ice and Herald of Ash with reduced mana. It won't be until around 60 when you can run all three of these and you may still have some issues depending on int/mana from gear/tree.

These three gems currently give me around 60% MORE damage.

Defense:
Spoiler

Keeps end charges up constantly
Gain Endurance Charges: Cast When Damage Taken (L1) -> Enduring Cry (L5)

When charges are used it has Immortal call for immunity and molten shell for added armor, Before molten shell runs out you will typically already have a couple endurance charges already built up.
Phys immunity and added armor: Cast When Damage taken (L12) -> Immortal Call (L12)-> Molten Shell (L14)

Having this setup allows your end charges to build up to 3 times before popping Immortal Call/Molten Shell. Which means it's not uncommon to have your Immortal call lasting up to 3 seconds and your Motlen Shell then lasting for another 7+ seconds giving you another 1k armor.

Movement:
Spoiler

Every player should have a movement skill and especially on hardcore leagues.

Leap Slam -> Faster Attacks

Last edited by ZeusTheGiant on Sep 10, 2014, 11:04:39 AM
Hi, I just hit 68 with my MS 1 hander. I had been using a 4link with MS-Multistrike-Faster Attacks-WED and it hit like a truck. I had 2% of physical as mana on both rings and never ran into trouble (haven't taken AoF yet).

I have now moved into a 5L and have put MS-Multistrike-WED-BM-LL as the sequence. Since I am no longer dependant on mana I can change my rings. My question is, should I look for rings that have +% fire damage on them, or is there a better option?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info