You thought Dark Souls was hard?

"
Russell wrote:
How to you make a weapon "dark" though and how do you enchant weapons with elements and all this. This is where im getting real lost haha. Also wtf do I do with these boss souls! Btw I thought the snake lady boss 10+ times before I red a guide and found out I had to burn some random windmill thing to remove the poison from her room. TBH that kinda thing is a LITTLE silly. Should have put a fire or somthing next to it so I could light the torch on it and go hmmmm I am meant to do something with this!

In Dark Souls 2?

Spoilers

In Lost bastille, if you follow the main path after getting dumped by the bird, you will eventually come across a very long staircase downwards with a powder barrel at the top. Roll it down the stairs to explode against the wall and enable early access to a 2nd blacksmith. If the enemy breaks the barrel then simply return to a bonfire to respawn it and try again, this time lure the enemy away before engaging it in combat.

Light the torch in the room in order to open the chest he guards.

Obtain the Dull Ember from Iron Keep area and give it to the 2nd blacksmith.

Speak to him and he will let you use your enchantment stones to modify your equipment, you can then continue upgrading the item with regular titanite at any blacksmith. You can undo/change enchantments as much as you want without losing any upgrades other then the current enchantment type.

Boss Souls can be traded with certain NPC's for weapons/armour/shields, they can also be consumed to get a couple thousand souls per boss soul.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 16, 2014, 8:32:52 AM
I want this game.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
lvamesdu wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB6_-O6J3KQ

Wow, just wow man! If you don't know which game is that that is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_%26_Blade:_Warband

So there are people who can solo +100 in Warband and people think Dark Souls 1 & 2 are hard?

What is gaming world coming to?

Kudos to that guy. lol

But he is wearing Lordly gear,level 32 and doing the ole M&B backward shuffle,it's not like he's actually in any danger of succumbing to 200 Sea Raiders unless he falls asleep. hehehe

=)
I'm so jelly of you guys right now. lol

Our PS3 finally broke down and died so planning for the future I invested in the PS4 (mostly for the kids),I've had no Darksouls injections for weeks now (besides youtube and Twitch) and I'm feeling quite rabid.

I did consider buying the PC version,but still hesitant because of the prior titles performance on PC (without fixes and such) and the fact that I'd no longer be playing from my reclining beer dispencing sofa lounge with visuals on a wall screen TV,I can set up my laptop to play on the wall screen,but meh,so much hassle and no beer sofa. =P

I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms and even dreamt I was playing my beloved deprived
Last edited by Temper on Jul 2, 2014, 10:31:58 PM
Beat DS II about 8 times now

YE
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

YE

Its that good huh? Should I bother with the first on PC or just go straight to 2? Ive heard the controls for the first aren't really optimal for PC.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"

YE

Its that good huh? Should I bother with the first on PC or just go straight to 2? Ive heard the controls for the first aren't really optimal for PC.

the controls on 2 aren't optimal either. Unless you have a controller. Neither are well optimized for PC gamers. 2 is decent though, while it still feels like a port it's at least a decent port. The first one's port is really bad, and you might need some fixes.

BTW, in terms of a game I think Dark Souls beast DS2. DS2 had it's moments where it perhaps surpassed DS1, but overall I felt DS1 just had a lot more brilliance and care overall. DS2 is much smoother and arguably has better combat, but I just rarely felt emotion in 2. And a lot of NPC questlines are pretty much rehashes. In both games. Of Demon's Souls'. Same with bosses, though to a much lesser extent.

I personally recommend Dark Souls/Demon's Souls over 2.

"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
I liked the multi-player a lot more in DS1,I got owned a lot more in that title than DS2.Other than that I *was* happy playing either.

I have a feeling I'm a gonna break by the weekend and cough up some cash for the PC version,I already have a xbox controller if need be.

=)
"
TheWretch wrote:
"

YE

I fucking beat one with a keyboard and a mouse thankfully using dsfix on nexusmods so it wasn't too bad you should be fine. I suggest playing one personally
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The first one is dirt cheap too. I have the Hardcover guide for it somewhere too, future press book, lots of cool concept art in there as well as maps, i've always wanted to play it. Got the book for free( before someone asks why I have the book and not the game).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info