insane fps drop

When I'm playing with more players my fps quickly drops to 30, and when I'm in a full party it drops down to 10, to the point where I could lag myself to death in seconds.

Anyone know what might be the issue? I updated the drivers, and scanned for malware/viruses, but no result so far.

Specifications:

Intel 2 quad core q6600 @ 2.40
Nvidia Geforce 430 GT
4gb memory
2TB harddisk

Same thing happening to a lot of other people, no known fixes as of yet.
Waiting for a patch from GGG.
Oh, alright. I reduced all the settings to the lowest possible, and I'm able to play more graphically demanding games without problems. I hope a new patch will bid outcome then.

this could be related to a memory leak issue I posted here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/90982
Last edited by dankmn on Feb 1, 2013, 5:34:50 AM
My advise on to troubleshoot this:

Get together with your party in a area safe from mobs and one by one spam the skills you use and see which one causes the FPS drop.

If you find out which skill causes it note the following:

Does the FPS drop occur to just you or to the rest of your party as well?

Collect all the dxdiag.txt files from your party members and remove everything except the following parts:

- System Information
- Display Devices
- Sound Devices

Post the results here in this fashion:

Player 1 - experience fps drops.

DxDiag from player 1

Player 2 - experiences no fps drops

DxDiag from player 2

etc

You do this so the devs know what hardware you're using and by knowing systems that don't have any problems it can help pinpoint the problem.

2) Post the following:

- The name of the character causing the FPS drops.
- A link to his current passive skill tree
- Links to the items he is wearing
- List of gems (including how they are linked).

Tried it for a while, but stopped halfway. It's basically at every non-physical gem that is spammable

There is no need to troubleshoot. The staffs have mentioned themselves that they will be doing something about this and they are aware that the game is eating a lot of Ram Memory.
Last edited by BloodyGal on Feb 1, 2013, 6:28:53 AM
It's getting worse somehow. At docks in cruel I can't even duo without dropping to 10-20 fps and desyncing heavily. Playing hc, so that's not what I call relaxed playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info