Anyone else playing Dark Souls 2?

"
Stormquake wrote:
I just got my Poison Dex char up to 150, but right now I'm working on a new project which will be a build based around that one dark scythe you get from killing the small dude.

Aiming for...

SL 150

VGR 35
END 20
VIT Base
ATT 20
STR 20
DEX 20
ADP 20
INT 30
FAI 30

With that point spread you might wanna try Mundane Bandit's Knife. With the mundane path, it scales off your lowest stat, and if your lowest stat is 20, it gives a gigantic scaling bonus to weapons that otherwise do a lot less damage via other upgrade paths. Bandit's Knife is a popular Mundane upgrade, and so is the Avelyn.
decided to turn on GeDoSaTo because I really hate playing without it

Also put on the Faraam set, just to check it out...

"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Also, if you're like me and you like trolling in PVP, you should really try corrosive urns!! The ratbro vendor sells them. What I did with my STR/FTH build was equipped force miracle, and boxed this guy in a corner, and kept knocking him down with force while throwing corrosive urns. They do the corrosive damage vs downed opponents! Alternate between force then urn, repeat, and then when you break all their gear (about 10 urns just to be sure) just finish them off. Rage mail calling you a dickhead incoming!!

Although I think they gave corrosive urns the nerf bat in a recent patch, or maybe its the next planned patch?

Anyway, the reason that breaking gear is trololololo in this even more than in the other games in the series is because mobs have a finite amount of spawns per playthrough, so souls lost on repairs is subtracted from your potential total! And soul history goes up. If I break an entire set of gear someone is using that is fully upgraded, that is a couple hundred K souls right there!! If you think you've been mad over losing 100k souls on a blood stain, wait till you lose 200k in repairs ahahahaahaha!!!!

Anyway, happy hunting people. Regardless of what you're hunting for.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 29, 2014, 5:30:50 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Also, if you're like me and you like trolling in PVP, you should really try corrosive urns!! The ratbro vendor sells them. What I did with my STR/FTH build was equipped force miracle, and boxed this guy in a corner, and kept knocking him down with force while throwing corrosive urns. They do the corrosive damage vs downed opponents! Alternate between force then urn, repeat, and then when you break all their gear (about 10 urns just to be sure) just finish them off. Rage mail calling you a dickhead incoming!!

Although I think they gave corrosive urns the nerf bat in a recent patch, or maybe its the next planned patch?

Anyway, the reason that breaking gear is trololololo in this even more than in the other games in the series is because mobs have a finite amount of spawns per playthrough, so souls lost on repairs is subtracted from your potential total! And soul history goes up. If I break an entire set of gear someone is using that is fully upgraded, that is a couple hundred K souls right there!! If you think you've been mad over losing 100k souls on a blood stain, wait till you lose 200k in repairs ahahahaahaha!!!!

Anyway, happy hunting people. Regardless of what you're hunting for.

Ok now that level of trolling makes me want to play, but I seriously didnt like the first one, nor do I like first / third person RPGs much anymore.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Are you sure invaders in bellfry at low level aren't npc? I was getting ones like "John" and " Molly" and "Paul."

Also I have no idea how you hit people with lightning spears in pvp it's like the easiest thing ever to dodge.

I made the same mistake with smelter demon you mentioned.

What is the best place to put points to more effectively dodge, and how does total weight vs how much you can carry work with regards to dodge? Does it have an effect?
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
Are you sure invaders in bellfry at low level aren't npc? I was getting ones like "John" and " Molly" and "Paul."

Also I have no idea how you hit people with lightning spears in pvp it's like the easiest thing ever to dodge.

What is the best place to put points to more effectively dodge, and how does total weight vs how much you can carry work with regards to dodge? Does it have an effect?

For attributes, adaptation increases agility, which gives you more i-frames during rolls (among other things like increasing the speed at which you consume items).

As far as equip burden, if you're under 70%, you have good roll speed. From 0-70% burden, roll speed is constant. At 70.1%+, it is slow.

Stamina regen differs however. It decreases linearly as you increase equip burden. The lower your burden the better your regen.

I don't believe that NPCs can invade as white-phantom "bellbros". You do get special red phantom NPCs while in human form that "invade" in specific areas (they are triggered), but the Bellkeepers are players (in NG+ you get red phantoms even in hollow form sometimes, at least I have.. possibly in NG also but I haven't paid close enough attention, generally in all the games the red phantoms invade while alive).

If you play in offline mode (if you want to go through unharmed you can do this), you won't be invaded. So I'm pretty sure there aren't NPC bell tower invaders. If there are, it isn't a well known thing. I'll check the wiki though.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Apr 30, 2014, 2:20:21 PM
"
BoltThrower87 wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:

For attributes, adaptation increases agility, which gives you more i-frames during rolls (among other things like increasing the speed at which you consume items). As far as equip burden, if you're under 70%, you have good roll speed. From 0-70% burden, roll speed is constant. At 70.1%+, it is slow. Stamina regen differs however. It decreases linearly as you increase equip burden. The lower your burden the better your regen.

Thanks. Faith and dex also seem to give agility.

Backstabbing seems... off? Like sometimes it should clearly backstab and it just doesn't. Where as other times it will. Talking about with regular monsters so lag shouldn't be a factor. Is the angle just slightly off or some trick?

Also, is there a way to increase number of max spell charges?
Last edited by reboticon on Apr 30, 2014, 2:23:51 PM
"
reboticon wrote:
"
BoltThrower87 wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:

For attributes, adaptation increases agility, which gives you more i-frames during rolls (among other things like increasing the speed at which you consume items). As far as equip burden, if you're under 70%, you have good roll speed. From 0-70% burden, roll speed is constant. At 70.1%+, it is slow. Stamina regen differs however. It decreases linearly as you increase equip burden. The lower your burden the better your regen.

Thanks. Faith and dex also seem to give agility.

Backstabbing seems... off? Like sometimes it should clearly backstab and it just doesn't. Where as other times it will. Talking about with regular monsters so lag shouldn't be a factor. Is the angle just slightly off or some trick?

Yeah if the AGL trait is highlighted (or whatever else) when you select an attribute to level, then it increases it. I do have a character with dex but I haven't played him in a week or two, so I don't remember.

But yeah attributes affect all different things now so it wouldn't surprise me. There are several good wikis, usually I'll open them up if I want to find something. Either way though I believe adaptation affects agility the most.

Backstabbing has always been kind of touchy. Some enemies can't be back-stabbed, you probably know, but if you know the enemy can be back-stabbed and it isn't working right, maybe it is an issue with the controls. I play on PS3. I haven't noticed anything too bad, it seems normal to me.

There have always been enemies though that are just harder to backstab, where if the angle isn't perfect it doesn't work. It's always been a little iffy. You really have to be lined up perfectly for some enemies. And then sometimes if an enemy is near a wall or something it won't work. You could always try to do it while not locked on, that used to help with certain enemies or in PvP (but yeah in PvP, lag can cause all types of issues like that).
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
"
reboticon wrote:

When an actual player invades it uses their PSN name. Wouldn't it make sense that a PSN name of exactly "Paul", "John", or "Molly" would be incredibly unlikely?

"

That depends on the range they're used at. At longer range, like close to the max lock on distance, they have better tracking than at medium range. If you use them close range, people seem to have a habit of thinking they can interrupt your cast, and end up getting nailed. I don't care what weapon you're using, I'll trade a sunlight spear for any attack. I've killed mages oneshot by trading a sunlight spear with their Crystal Soul Spear, or Great Resonant Soul. If I got 2k HP and they got 1400 HP, they die, and I win.

This guy tried to run away from me one time, and I tossed a sunlight spear at him, and I literally saw the projectile auto-correct mid flight and angle right into him.

"

Ignore what people say about adaptability. The most noticeable difference in higher agility stat is faster movement speed. It does increase I frames a little bit, but there are many other areas where you can invest points in and get more noticeable gains. Like for example, if you got a STR build and can use a great shield, I wouldn't put anything in ADP.

Another use for ADP is it raises poison bonus (Poison BNS in the menu), which your poison damage scales from. So if you're making a poison build, then ADP is good. If you aren't making a dex/poison build, then I'd honestly leave ADP at base. Mages already got their points spread out thin among a bunch of other stats, and a STR build doesn't need it either if they got a great shield to block attacks with. Generally, builds that use a lot of ADP either leave VIT at base, and use lighter armor, or put very few points in it.

As far as the equip burden thresholds. The cap for longest roll distance is 30% equip load. And the next one is at 70%. Roll distance IMO is better than the I frames from ADP. The speed you move at, as well as your stamina recovery is also tied to equip burden. You'll be quicker on your feet at 30% over 70% and also recover stamina quicker. VIT helps with all that.

Also armor in this game is more useful than in Dark Souls. With a full set of Havel's armor you can get like 1400+ slash defense. Even with a couple pieces you can get around 1100. A 350-400 AR weapon that does slashing will get mitigated pretty good vs 1400 defense. In dark souls, weapon AR was higher than you could get armor defense, so it wasn't that effective. This is also the reason why people prefer elemental weapons in PVP. Because you can get physical defenses up really high, but the elemental defenses on something like Havel's armor is way lower, low enough where a split damage weapon is going to be more effective than pure physical. You don't wanna be using something like a pure physical katana, and run into someone using full Havel's Armor. It would take you 15+ hits to kill them if they got a decent HP bar.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 30, 2014, 3:20:19 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

When an actual player invades it uses their PSN name. Wouldn't it make sense that a PSN name of exactly "Paul", "John", or "Molly" would be incredibly unlikely?

I thought so, which is why I said I was encountering mostly NPCs. That said, I play on steam where it just shows actual character name, not account name.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

As far as the equip burden thresholds. The cap for longest roll distance is 30% equip load. And the next one is at 70%. Roll distance IMO is better than the I frames from ADP. The speed you move at, as well as your stamina recovery is also tied to equip burden. You'll be quicker on your feet at 30% over 70% and also recover stamina quicker. VIT helps with all that.

I was at 95% of equip burden for the first half of the game. Explains why I couldn't dodge anything. This game is the only one worse than PoE when it comes to explaining things to newbs.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

Also armor in this game is more useful than in Dark Souls. With a full set of Havel's armor you can get like 1400+ slash defense. Even with a couple pieces you can get around 1100. A 350-400 AR weapon that does slashing will get mitigated pretty good vs 1400 defense. In dark souls, weapon AR was higher than you could get armor defense, so it wasn't that effective. This is also the reason why people prefer elemental weapons in PVP. Because you can get physical defenses up really high, but the elemental defenses on something like Havel's armor is way lower, low enough where a split damage weapon is going to be more effective than pure physical. You don't wanna be using something like a pure physical katana, and run into someone using full Havel's Armor. It would take you 15+ hits to kill them if they got a decent HP bar.

Elemental also cuts through block, right? I mean most shields besides the rebel's.

Also, while I don't really care for the bellfry invaders (hoorah for 2v1) This cracked me up.

http://imgur.com/a/ufPAW

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info