Anyone else playing Dark Souls 2?

"
Answer me, is it free? How much does it cost? Info guys, info.

50 euros on steam.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I really wish I could be playing right now. I wasted most of last night on that stupid smelter demon. The main boss of Iron keep was 10x easier.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
I really wish I could be playing right now. I wasted most of last night on that stupid smelter demon. The main boss of Iron keep was 10x easier.

Wait till you go back to his room & have to re-fight Persuer...
"
reboticon wrote:

Spoiler

There is a shield called Gyrm Greatshield that blocks 100% of fire damage, although it pretty much takes a strength build to use it. If you could though, it makes that boss a ton easier. Im doing a pure caster now, it's going to suck without a Greatshield.

But that boss is great for getting sunlight medals or any other co-op reward, since there is always like tons of people trying to kill it and they'll spawn you very quickly. Once you can kill it easily, you can make a ton of those items.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Apr 29, 2014, 10:23:25 AM
"
dealer13 wrote:
"
Xpire wrote:
"
dealer13 wrote:
it still has shitty port. better than first one ofc but its still shitty thus i aint gona try it and i know a handful of people who feel the same way. why release a game on pc when k/m part is terrible is beyond me. plus you cant get disable mouse acceleration even in .ini

Don't think you know what you talk about.

Considering the game was made for the computer, not the other way around. And considering the Console has a fixed 30 fps, which the PC version doesn't and other resolutions and so on proves It isn't a port.

But I guess that was just a troll bait. If not, just nuub.

what? for your sake dont be a typical forum type and read what i wrote. i was talking about controls not the visual thing fyi. if controls fail on you, things like fps, resolution and others are not important at this point.

btw, heres something that cought my attention the other day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

To be fair the games were, and always will be designed with a controller in mind, and adapted to KB+M. Plus there are plenty of fixes that make the game more playable.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
reboticon wrote:

Sadly most of the bosses aren't that great. The smelter demon was a great boss, though his design was really straight forward and generic looking. Looked like something you'd find in a typical fantasy A/RPG.

I don't even remember a boss that I really found great, they were all quiet forgettable, save for perhaps the Lost Sinner. And the Pursuer, damn was he awesome. But I'm like halfway through the game, so maybe boss designs will be better.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Probably Troll bait but the guy raises some interesting questions nonetheless, what do you guys think of this searing article?

Is Dark Souls II The Worst Game Ever Made?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelthomsen/2014/04/25/is-dark-souls-ii-the-worst-game-ever-made/
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 29, 2014, 4:22:39 PM
"
reboticon wrote:
Majority of the bellhouse invaders are NPCs.

No they aren't. They're exclusively other players. Its easy enough to tell by the names of the invaders alone if they're actual players or a named NPC invader. For example, *insertname8246* is a player, not an NPC. The NPC invaders only show up once per area. There is one exception to that where a specific NPC invades you in multiple areas.

"

I am at SL 98 after starting saturday. I didn't really play dark souls so it is new to me. I don't know all of my stats offhand and I am at work. I know strength and vigor are at 31ish, dex at 18, and everything else fairly low. 150 seems really, really high to be in bellhouse its no wonder you are destroying people when you have 60+ more points then them. None of my gear is named its just all random stuff. It took me forever last night to find a phantom who wasn't a complete moron to help with the chariot boss.

I camped bellfry in NG+. So they're my level range. They separate NG from NG+ and beyond. They specifically tell you when you go to NG+ that you will not be matched with players in NG.

And match making isn't even based on soul level in this game, its based on soul history. They did that to keep people from invading with low level twinks. This means if you continue to gain souls and not spend them on level ups that eventually you're going to start getting matched up with players a bit higher level than you. My SL 150 is about 9m soul history. I know from doing the match if you put every single soul in level ups, you can be SL 150 with under 2m souls. So my soul level to soul history ratio is by no means efficient at all. If anything I'm getting matched up vs people higher level than me more often than not.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 29, 2014, 4:56:18 PM
"
reboticon wrote:

I beat smelter demon with a bare naked character. No armor, and using bare fists. If you're wondering "whats the catch" - its the Vanquisher's Seal, it buffs unarmed damage. You get it from the Champion covenant. My bare naked character is in NG+ already. Its not optimal for PVP, but I have beat some players with it, and was rewarded with a few pieces of hatemail as a trophy.

In all honesty power stance bare fists with the right setup is pretty strong. I guess the PoE comparison might be a facebreaker build. About 380 AR per fist with 50 STR, Vanquisher's Seal, and Ring of Blades +2. Yup I beat dual pursuers in NG+ with bare fists also. Fast hits, low stamina expenditure, and you can stunlock someone till dead. Stone ring is important for bare fists also, better stunning. This stun is almost as powerful as clubs if you use the stone ring. Some people are using Sacred Oath to buff the damage of bare fists by another 50 AR, so they can easily hit 430 AR. Bare naked, bare fist build is the ultimate troll's build. There is no equal. There is nothing else you could possibly beat someone with to inflict more shame.

I did smelter coop a bunch, got my 30 sunlight medals there. And the most retarded mistake that most hosts made was they got greedy and rushed in while smelter had his sword in the ground and got oneshotted by the aoe.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 29, 2014, 5:11:57 PM
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info