Help and Critiques for a DW almost pure str maruader

So I'm trying to capture the feel of my old Frenzy barb from D2 and thought that considering stacking strength gives you both hp and physical damage I figured the idea might work. So here's how it goes

The build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4zG2FhjUFCMz_ZIXz9USedS7w653fIvqBhqHtlhGS42uvKcCyhulyECKvbnruRRkHQwGSftrKpyqXzZ9zL460GqFHGnMPe-FCAB5zboZKODfKgHZ4B4SRhNWK_iYTB3lZtlpyb4eA2pbjpShmBWBGFSMgmfy2CIKLXvTkCgIWASIF6Lz_h08Z65BS1gS3rvdO0shVoatkFDMWNwNJPv476nV5dgQRHVFx2bLRRSZU1HfoTZzNtMYASxypCZKxjbQ5y18q6T0TauUGC7ZFIwT8GjE0w08mo7IPBE5xzn

So Its probably Inefficient as I just threw it together so tweaking and advice would be appreciated.

Here's what I did I focused on Axes, attack speed, and Percent damage increases. The kicker for this build unlike most dual builds is it does not stack crit or crit multiplier. It takes Resolute technique in order to ignore accuracy and stack as much attack speed and damage as possible.

Life steal is a must and I grabbed all I could as well as passive life increases and Life regen. blood Magic can be added with a spare point and only 4% attack speed lost if your stealing is enough to keep you alive through it. Oh and I took the no evasion talent so as to be able to always be attacking and stealing life.

The Skills

On Mouse
Cleave (all purpose AOE pack killer)
Frenzy (Attack speed buff use to keep up charges)
Dual Strike (Boss Killer)

1. Vitatlity (More Health Regen to not go Squish)

2. Blood rage (more attack speed and life leech and chaos damage, good stuff)

3. Mark of the Warlord (life leech and mana leach if not using blood magic basically for harder packs of mobs)

4. Haste (more attack speed)

5. Freebie (basically something I can change out here and there depending on the situation
such as physical immune mobs (do they exist?) or some such probably going to go with leap slam for a nice escape from bad situations

So then end result at least on paper looks like a tanky point blank machine gun kind of Character. Lots of hp and literally as steady of a damage output as one could have. So any help, advice, or tweaking would be much appreciated.

Last edited by SmarineIS on Feb 1, 2013, 2:32:42 AM
Here i tweaked your build a little freed up some points, also i would say go for resolute technique first then head down grab some axe passives for a bit DMG plus (grab the life nodes on the way), after that go for unweavering and IR (again if you lack def grab the HP and all res nodes on the way), after that you can go up to the duelist tree and grab the other axe passives.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4zG2FhjUFCMz_ZIXz9USedS7w653fIv2WEZLiECKvbnruRRkHQwGSftrKpyqXzZpzAUIAHnNuhko4N8qAdngFiv4mEwd5WbZacm-HgNqW46UoZgVgRhUjIJn8tgiCi1705AoCFgEiBei8_4dPGeuQUtYEt673TtLIVaGrZBQzFjcDST7-O-p1eXYEER1Rcdmy0UUmVNR36E2czbTGAEscqQmSsY20OcrlBgu2RSME_BoxNMVw3SIZ7NUEfUj_PdYHNN46xZ_o8OrSml974=

You will need to gem almost all your DMG gems with Life on hit and faster attacks, but maybe this build can be viable will see i might try this in HC.
My advise is to run with Anger+Haste or Grace if you need more def but dont level them because of the DEX cost.
Use dual strike for single target and cleave for AOE also with faster attacks and life on hit on both + what you can grab. Inc phys DMG and crit strik/crit DMG is good but you wont have the int for it.
I dont know the mana need of this build but if you cant afford it you can grab blood magic around lvl 35-40 but then watch for the auras cost you will need a reduce mana gem for them.

Hope this helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info