Why Reddit sucks, and the forums are the best

"
Arrowneous wrote:
OMG!!!

My 2nd post on Reddit and I now see that what was speculated about is F*ck'n true. Reddit Path of Exile forum is absolutely full of the highest form of FANBOYS imaginable.

It's no wonder Chris reads here instead of the official PoE forums. Here when I post about a PoE abuse and think it should be banned all I get is posts from FANBOYS that claim I'm whining and such.

Look at the feedback on the original PoE forums post: is this guy cheating?[1] . A lot of the posts to the PoE thread on this are saying that the player is abusing the game and are mostly against this form of playing. Here all I get is that I'm posting a whiny thread and nothing serious about what the player is doing any why it should be wrong.

Thank you, thank you very much. You who have posted have 100% proven that this is the place for POE fanboys to hang out in.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/23y8fk/this_guy_abuses_the_poe_system_badly_proves_that/

anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 25, 2014, 1:23:56 PM
Well it was an inappropriate whine topic. Reddit favours topics that are open to discussion instead of an OP insulting another player since they disagree with their methods.

It's actually a pretty nice system. Many people will actually be against what that person in the video did if the opening post was more neutral and not so insulting.

So yes it should be downvoted. It's not encouraging any decent sort of discussion.
Last edited by kasub on Apr 25, 2014, 1:29:15 PM
I agree with part of it. Have no problem with snapshotting but I think the mob mentality of reddit is very silly when it comes to criticisms. I say that with having over 1000 karma only from poe reddit, so it has nothing to do with butthurt. Just not a fan of mob rule.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Home is where the heart is.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Game is balanced around snapshotting. What did you expect?
IGN: Smegacore
[Removed by Support]
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Last edited by Simon_GGG on Apr 25, 2014, 3:02:07 PM
"
kasub wrote:
Well it was an inappropriate whine topic. Reddit favours topics that are open to discussion instead of an OP insulting another player since they disagree with their methods.

Reddit, in general, favors what the ruling clique of a sub-reddit favors. It's basically a more populist and less intelligent evolution of the old Slashdot. Slashdot users at least welcomed controversy if it was eloquently or wittily presented, but Reddit is all about homogeneity and suppression of unwanted views.

It has nothing to do with constructive discussion, and everything with popularity. It's a narrow mind's paradise.

I'm continually surprised by peoples reactions to these kinds of videos.

I saw Fyndel's original videos (his sub 5 min full Apex run and his 3-4 minute Palace double Dominus run) and said "MY GOD THE POWER. I MUST DO THIS".

And so I am using his build and doing my best to imitate his gear (in Ambush, believe me my gear is far worse lol) because he inspires me to try to be as powerful as he is.

What is it about so many people on here that they instead rage at the guy who has broken the norm and deride him as a cheater? Yes he is rich. Yes he is ridiculously powerful.

THAT'S THE POINT OF THE GAME.

Do the rich get richer? Absolutely. Show me which online game economy (or the real world economy for that matter - I have a degree in Economics coincidentally) where that isn't the case.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back to leveling :D
I'm not near strong enough to try to nab myself a broken pair of Acuity gloves yet so have much work to do still. Cheers.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Apr 25, 2014, 3:34:22 PM
So sorry that whiny jelly threads don't get any attention on Reddit. You should stay here if you want attention :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I liked this post, illustrates the point
"
no shit we're fans. why go to the poe reddit and expect to find other haters like you?
Last edited by almostdead on Apr 25, 2014, 3:46:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info