Corrupted Blood Broken as Sh*t

"
Shaeltal wrote:
"
jebroni wrote:
Yea but incinerate can hit up to 15 times per second without much effort. Multiply that by 3 or 4 with lmp/gmp. Freezing pulse doesn't come anywhere near that number.

As soon as you see a corrupting blood stack appear on your buff/debuff display, you could just, you know, stop casting immediately and use a staunching flask. If you get killed by CB in that time frame, you need more health.

Also, to the OP, you said what you're doing wrong.

"
JayJJericho wrote:
I'm essentially a glass cannon / support class

I didn't say anything about being killed by cb.. and fyi I really.. really don't think you even understand the gravity of what incinerate builds face against this mod. By "as soon as you see", you mean: you'll probably get full stacks by the time you can humanly react.

And good luck killing a golem with lifesteal/life regen and resists.
"
jebroni wrote:
"
Shaeltal wrote:
"
jebroni wrote:
Yea but incinerate can hit up to 15 times per second without much effort. Multiply that by 3 or 4 with lmp/gmp. Freezing pulse doesn't come anywhere near that number.

As soon as you see a corrupting blood stack appear on your buff/debuff display, you could just, you know, stop casting immediately and use a staunching flask. If you get killed by CB in that time frame, you need more health.

Also, to the OP, you said what you're doing wrong.

"
JayJJericho wrote:
I'm essentially a glass cannon / support class

I didn't say anything about being killed by cb.. and fyi I really.. really don't think you even understand the gravity of what incinerate builds face against this mod. By "as soon as you see", you mean: you'll probably get full stacks by the time you can humanly react.

And good luck killing a golem with lifesteal/life regen and resists.

I've played an Incinerate build, and know what its like. I'm always, always looking out for Corrupting Blood or curses. If I get a CB stack pop up, I instantly stop casting and use a Staunching flask. If I see a curse, I use a warding flask. You should be aware of what you're being debuffed by.
Whoever wrote the OP should be shot in the head.
Noblesse oblige
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
This really is a L2P kind of thing.

Couldn't agree more. When I first started playing a CoC ST character (a few characters back now) I got absolutely wrecked by CB. Since then I've learned how to beat it (whether with leech or with staunching - was interesting for awhile on the CoC where if I didn't proc much and it lived through the burst I'd have to staunching twice at the right times - once when ST went through him and then again when it came back.) and now have no trouble beating it on any of my characters. (all of which are attack speed based, include both melee and ranged)

All I got to say is... hubris.

You're going to eventually run into The One... you will die in less than a second and you wont even know what has hit you. CB scales to a very high degree based on monster base dmg, map properties, and monster properties. It is just a matter of time until you plow into an extra damage substantial phys aura extra fire damage rock on a non-trivial map and you will feel what CB really is. Mark my words.

MARRRKKK MY WOOOOORDDSSSSSS!!!!

@BeerPact
"
muir wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
This really is a L2P kind of thing.

Couldn't agree more. When I first started playing a CoC ST character (a few characters back now) I got absolutely wrecked by CB. Since then I've learned how to beat it (whether with leech or with staunching - was interesting for awhile on the CoC where if I didn't proc much and it lived through the burst I'd have to staunching twice at the right times - once when ST went through him and then again when it came back.) and now have no trouble beating it on any of my characters. (all of which are attack speed based, include both melee and ranged)

All I got to say is... hubris.

You're going to eventually run into The One... you will die in less than a second and you wont even know what has hit you. CB scales to a very high degree based on monster base dmg, map properties, and monster properties. It is just a matter of time until you plow into an extra damage substantial phys aura extra fire damage rock on a non-trivial map and you will feel what CB really is. Mark my words.

MARRRKKK MY WOOOOORDDSSSSSS!!!!

I'll let you know when it happens :D
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
If you have leech, Corrupting Blood only gets dangerous if you have 15+ charges when the dust settles. Even so, a Staunching flask is all you need. The key is to not use it before there are 10 or so CB charges on you.

Just going to repost something from this one time when I actually did care.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm currently playing a level 87 Incinerate witch. Other than Lightning Warp, Incinerate is my only damaging spell. I use Incinerate with Faster Casting. I use exactly 1 Staunching flask, with two uses from full. I don't have any problem with Corrupting Blood, because I actually think while I play. My character has died to the affix exactly once (more details on that later).

Since this appears to be a problem, here's my procedure for dealing with CB rares, so you can copy it.

0. Keep aware of rare affixes. You do need to treat CB rares differently than normal rares. If possible, you want to catch them before you incur any bleed stacks whatsoever. If you mess up and get too many bleed stacks, you may need to Staunch and then, if your Staunch flask is low, kill other monsters elsewhere to get your charges back up before you engage directly.
1. Double-check your flask setup and make sure you know exactly what button your Staunch flask is on. This might sound silly, but my only death to a CB rare ever on my Witch was because I was mistaken about which button to press to Staunch and could not figure out my error as I frantically lost what remained of my health. Failing to follow this step killed me once, and I try to avoid making the same mistake twice.
2. Control the area. Dealing with a CB rare should have a final result of a dead CB rare and you at low EHP (normally about 30%). As such, you need to control the situation so other things won't take you from 30% to 0%. If necessary, clear around the CB rare while avoiding hits on the CB rare directly.
3. Pick a spot to engage, and build Incinerate stacks without engaging. This means you're Incinerating empty air, usually in the direction directly opposite the CB rare, while it approaches you. You do not want to waste 0, 1, or 2 stack Incinerates on a CB rare; you want to use 3-stack Incinerates only. This gives you a much better damage-per-hit ratio. With practice you can get your timing down so that it reaches you at almost exactly the time you get up to 3 stacks, or that you're not Incinerating empty air (using the time to DPS non-CB enemies). Some inconsiderate monsters may force you to switch to them slightly before 3 stacks, but 2 is still better than 0.
4. Switch your stacked Incinerate onto the CB rare until either at very low life (20%) or the rare is dead. DO NOT STAUNCH YET. You will go up to 20 stacks in a hurry. This is fine, because you're also dealing massive damage; this entire step should only last about one second. Most rares don't survive long against a three-stack Incinerate; it'll be dying faster than you are.
5. When the rare is dead or you can't take any more, Staunch. Retreat then repeat if necessary.

With timing, this procedure my seem risky, but it's actually remarkably safe. As I've said before, used it a lot, only 1 death.

TL;DR: L2play, -1 to your suggestion.
Spoiler
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Rule of thumb in PoE: if you want to play glass cannon, expect to die a lot.

Also, pay more attention to the debuffs in your upper left corner of the screen, 2 staunching flasks should be enough for any amount of Corrupting Blood.
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
If only...there was some way to stop the corruption charges. If only...

This is coming from someone with a GMP incinerate character and I've never died to it. Use your brain.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Jesus again this kind of threads

I wont even reply. You can suggest all solutions to counter CB but no matter what: in OP's eyes it will always remain overpowered as hell

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info