Corrupted Blood Broken as Sh*t

"
Thalandor wrote:
I think people saying Corrupted Blood is fine or "use a staunching flask" need to play some end game cyclone, incinerate, or other super fast hitting skills.

If you miss the corrupted blood tag on a rare, you'll be at 20 charges before you know what's going on. Panic mode!! 1 2 3 4 5, maybe your staunching flask was empty though... oops, click here to resurrect, no time to log out :(

Also if your damage output is somewhat low and/or the rare monster is particularly tough, you'll find that 1 staunching flask is often not enough.

Common corrupted blood situation: People (like me) try to kill the corrupted blood rare monster, and it's going OK with life leech and life pots, staunching when it's bad... and then the monster dies, but you're not leeching anymore and you have no more pots, so your life is going down out of control... open inventory must quickly portal out!!! *click here to resurrect* fck

Cyclone and Incinerate have absolutely no excuse not to know the monster was CB to begin with. Incinerate is a close range spell, and cyclone is a god damn melee skill. Open your eyes when you play maybe?
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
CB is no problem for builds with a good amount of life or damage(and a cakewalk for builds that have both) and of you have neither then perhaps you should have a look at your build.
The only time I have had a problem with fast-hitting builds(my ST-build gets 20 stacks in around 1-2s)is in 75+ maps with extra damage mod and/or vulnerability and the rare is a big, slow, hard-hitting mob that also has extra damage mods on it. For those you have to portal or damage it some, go and kill some other stuff to refill and then go back and finish it.

You should realize that nemesis players got this mod on every map and it was no problem, sure there were probably some high-lvl deaths but majority dealt with it just fine. If it was a map with particulary nasty mods and monster you always have the choice to actually skip it if you're not sure you can take it.

I think it's good that they add stuff that force you to actually take notice of what you're attacking.

I'm still waiting for GGG to add invasion bosses in every area for ambush for 1 day. The amount of QQ-threads we'd get would be countless.
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
I died to it the first time I came across it in Nemesis. Not once since. I always have a staunching flask. Normally, I can get to 10+ stacks before I need to use a flask charge. It is usually dead before I have to use 2 flask charges.

If your problem is not noticing that you are bleeding from CB, that isn't the mob's problem. There is a debuff in the upper left along with red globes that swirl around you in addition to your health/ES draining. It is all about reaction. There should be things that require paying attention and not just steamrolling through.

I personally hate Storm Herald more than CB.
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"
Thalandor wrote:
I think people saying Corrupted Blood is fine or "use a staunching flask" need to play some end game cyclone, incinerate, or other super fast hitting skills.

If you miss the corrupted blood tag on a rare, you'll be at 20 charges before you know what's going on. Panic mode!! 1 2 3 4 5, maybe your staunching flask was empty though... oops, click here to resurrect, no time to log out :(

Also if your damage output is somewhat low and/or the rare monster is particularly tough, you'll find that 1 staunching flask is often not enough.

Common corrupted blood situation: People (like me) try to kill the corrupted blood rare monster, and it's going OK with life leech and life pots, staunching when it's bad... and then the monster dies, but you're not leeching anymore and you have no more pots, so your life is going down out of control... open inventory must quickly portal out!!! *click here to resurrect* fck

Cyclone and Incinerate have absolutely no excuse not to know the monster was CB to begin with. Incinerate is a close range spell, and cyclone is a god damn melee skill. Open your eyes when you play maybe?

My Incinerate reaches the edges of the screen and also obscures a lot of details of the mobs that run towards me. I'm immobile while casting, and generally need to keep casting to keep leeching. You've obviously never played an Incinerate build.
"
BaggerX wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"
Thalandor wrote:

My Incinerate reaches the edges of the screen and also obscures a lot of details of the mobs that run towards me. I'm immobile while casting, and generally need to keep casting to keep leeching. You've obviously never played an Incinerate build.

I can't say I've ever specifically played an incinerate build, but I currently play a build that's terribly weak to bleeds and generates a shit ton of CB stacks at roughly the same range as an incinerator (playing GMP FP).

MoM/AA/Block are each completely ignored by CB, and are the only defenses I have on my ambush char. I get by though. CB is annoying, but very manageable. This really is a L2P kind of thing.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
I only loathe CB when the mob itself has life regen and/or there is another rare/totem near them granting life regen. Without the CB mob regenerating health, it should always be managable.

As others have said in this thread, if you are dying to CB that quickly, then you are doing something really wrong or you have built your character with too low of a health pool.

The game needs mods on the occasional monster that force the player to stay alert and stay engaged.
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
This really is a L2P kind of thing.

Couldn't agree more. When I first started playing a CoC ST character (a few characters back now) I got absolutely wrecked by CB. Since then I've learned how to beat it (whether with leech or with staunching - was interesting for awhile on the CoC where if I didn't proc much and it lived through the burst I'd have to staunching twice at the right times - once when ST went through him and then again when it came back.) and now have no trouble beating it on any of my characters. (all of which are attack speed based, include both melee and ranged)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
I can't say I've ever specifically played an incinerate build, but I currently play a build that's terribly weak to bleeds and generates a shit ton of CB stacks at roughly the same range as an incinerator (playing GMP FP).

MoM/AA/Block are each completely ignored by CB, and are the only defenses I have on my ambush char. I get by though. CB is annoying, but very manageable. This really is a L2P kind of thing.

Yea but incinerate can hit up to 15 times per second without much effort. Multiply that by 3 or 4 with lmp/gmp. Freezing pulse doesn't come anywhere near that number.
You guys know corrupting blood is physical damage right? Just pop immortal call or some armor flasks and you're golden. Also get some hp.

#scrubcoreproblems
"
jebroni wrote:
Yea but incinerate can hit up to 15 times per second without much effort. Multiply that by 3 or 4 with lmp/gmp. Freezing pulse doesn't come anywhere near that number.

As soon as you see a corrupting blood stack appear on your buff/debuff display, you could just, you know, stop casting immediately and use a staunching flask. If you get killed by CB in that time frame, you need more health.

Also, to the OP, you said what you're doing wrong.

"
JayJJericho wrote:
I'm essentially a glass cannon / support class
Last edited by Shaeltal on Apr 25, 2014, 9:16:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info