Corrupted Blood Broken as Sh*t

"
Precaso wrote:
CB is garbage design, I agree with OP

Why are you trying to punish high hit-rate builds?

Why are you trying to punish builds that don't have heavy life recovery / regen / leech?

Not everybody can nuke down a corrupting blood mob in 2 seconds and then pot it off

Because everyone just go full-retardino attack speedrino fastino attackino? If you want to go that kind of a build, something NEEDS to be hard for you. That is a GOOD game design. I raged over CB when I first died to it, but now when I think of it, it is a good thing.

Storm Herald tho, is really retarded. :-V (I call it Skill Herald)

"
Precaso wrote:

you guys are missing my point, for example why should a heavy life regen / leech 2H character with 1 attack per second be safer vs corrupting blood than a CI witch using GMP freeze pulse? why isn't it made equally difficult for all builds, like for example "when you hit a mob with corrupting blood, you take a set amount of bleed damage for 3 seconds. Hitting the mob again resets the duration"

Why is "No regen" map mod is only hard for regen based characters?! GGG, please, make it equally hard for everyone!

Why does desacreted ground mod doesn't work on CI?! GGG, please, balance!

Why does... <almost every other map mod>

The list goes on. That is the whole point.
You go one build, some things are harder, some things are easier. Got it? Good :)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Sep 22, 2014, 1:42:49 AM
Lost my level 92 incinerator in beyond to 100% extra dmg as lightning plateau.

I was shiftcasting as per usual, with the brain semi afk, when a wild rare CB bear appears in edge of the screen, obviously i get 20 stacks instantly but since i leech so much i dont even notice until the mob is dead, the degen was so fast that i panicked, i was still holding shift when the rare died, and in panick i hit the TAB button, and im playing in steam, as you know this brings out the steam overlay, while im degening in game, before i could shift+TAB again, i was dead, i chuckled cause i knew i was eventually gonna die like that, not necesarily to steam overlay, but to a CB mob

Incinerator just gets too boring to pay attention 100% of the time for that damn CB rare that may screw you up

So advice for new incinerators in Beyond/HC.

1. If you play in steam, rebind the shift+TAB overlay keybind, just ... do it
2. Dont go shiftcasting AFK in extra dmg maps even if they are faceroll, theres just that slime chance that CB rare will pop and screw you over.
3. If you play for long periods of time, CB rares WILL catch you offguard, you might think "oh this guy is retarded you just have to pay attention", but when you chain 20 maps without seeing one, facetanking even the hardest beyond bosses in level 78 maps, without ever dying before, because ur in HC league. TRUST. ME. Those fuckers will give you a heart attack, cause is litearlly the only thing that deals any significant dmg to you, and since you're shiftcasting everything, you CANT check rare mods, unless you want to cut your clear speed in half.
4. Pay attention to your debuffs in extra dmg maps, specially extra elemental dmg ones.
5. Pay extra attention to your debuffs in extra dmg maps, specially extra elemental dmg ones.

Don't listen to the L2P comments, CB is the bane and only source of heart attacks for an incinerator, at least a properly built one.

Peace.
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by yotmato on Sep 22, 2014, 2:03:54 AM
"
yotmato wrote:
Lost my level 92 incinerator in beyond to 100% extra dmg as lightning plateau.

I was shiftcasting as per usual, with the brain semi afk, when a wild rare CB bear appears in edge of the screen, obviously i get 20 stacks instantly but since i leech so much i dont even notice until the mob is dead, the degen was so fast that i panicked, i was still holding shift when the rare died, and in panick i hit the TAB button, and im playing in steam, as you know this brings out the steam overlay, while im degening in game, before i could shift+TAB again, i was dead, i chuckled cause i knew i was eventually gonna die like that, not necesarily to steam overlay, but to a CB mob

Incinerator just gets too boring to pay attention 100% of the time for that damn CB rare that may screw you up

So advice for new incinerators in Beyond/HC.

1. If you play in steam, rebind the shift+TAB overlay keybind, just ... do it
2. Dont go shiftcasting AFK in extra dmg maps even if they are faceroll, theres just that slime chance that CB rare will pop and screw you over.
3. If you play for long periods of time, CB rares WILL catch you offguard, you might think "oh this guy is retarded you just have to pay attention", but when you chain 20 maps without seeing one, facetanking even the hardest beyond bosses in level 78 maps, without ever dying before, because ur in HC league. TRUST. ME. Those fuckers will give you a heart attack, cause is litearlly the only thing that deals any significant dmg to you, and since you're shiftcasting everything, you CANT check rare mods, unless you want to cut your clear speed in half.
4. Pay attention to your debuffs in extra dmg maps, specially extra elemental dmg ones.
5. Pay extra attention to your debuffs in extra dmg maps, specially extra elemental dmg ones.

Don't listen to the L2P comments, CB is the bane and only source of heart attacks for an incinerator, at least a properly built one.

Peace.

Your fault for not checking the rare's mods. You were not paying attention, you allude to this many times throughout your paragraph. Extra ele has no effect on CB. Its not hard to press panicked / seething / staunching flask, you gotta do it once and then kill the CB rare with another skill. CB doesnt kill you in 0.5 secs. Stop blaming the game design. Tired of CB, reflect, lightning thorns QQ

"
Precaso wrote:
you guys are missing my point, for example why should a heavy life regen / leech 2H character with 1 attack per second be safer vs corrupting blood than a CI witch using GMP freeze pulse? why isn't it made equally difficult for all builds, like for example "when you hit a mob with corrupting blood, you take a set amount of bleed damage for 3 seconds. Hitting the mob again resets the duration"

I refuse to believe I just read this
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Sep 22, 2014, 2:43:12 AM
1 in 3?? you have some bad luck there. You should stop buying lottery tickets right now!

Agree with others, Storm Herald is much more scary :)
From the wiki:

"
Corrupting Blood (Requires monster level 40)
Attacker receives one charge of Corrupted Blood per hit, which is a bleeding effect (physical damage over time) that stacks up to 20 charges. The debuff can be removed with Staunching flasks. You can avoid the damage to your character by using minions, traps/mines or totems.

IOW, this is one of the few Nemesis mods that can actually be countered very easily. And failure to notice and counter what is going on in the game you're playing, when it is actually easy to do, is indeed; and I hate that term, a L2P issue. I have died to CB, so I've learned to counter it. If I die to it now, who can I blame then? As it is, even my glasscannon chars laugh in the face of CB enemies.

/end thread
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
I'm shocked someone is crying over corrupted blood. It's seriously the easiest mod to counter. Click the F'ing pot and you're safe, wow so hard.

Other mods actually require a change in build, a change in play style, or a completely skip of any maps and monsters that have those mods.

Corrupted blood? Are you serious? You can't hit a single button on your keyboard to get rid of it? WOW you're bad at this game !
Why do you think they changed the chaos damage over time map mod to desecrated ground? Because it was out of control for hybrid characters. The same applies with corrupting blood to low recovery + high attack / cast speed builds. It really is out of control

have any of you experienced playing a character where corrupting blood is off the charts insane? probably not. What about a cloak of defiance character on the right side of the tree that gets 0 regen, and gets a lot of its effective HP pool from mana, which corrupting blood ignores?

"
Perq wrote:

Why is "No regen" map mod is only hard for regen based characters?! GGG, please, make it equally hard for everyone!

You go one build, some things are harder, some things are easier. Got it? Good :)

People can choose which map mods they do so they can ignore ones that don't fit their build, everybody will run into corrupting blood no matter what. Especially if you're chaining maps for a decent period of time, you're not going to spend time checking every single rare monster for corrupting blood. Some even come out of the ground as zombies or jump in off screen as leapers, and in beyond, they can come up in a beyond pack, which means every player WILL hit into one, and with the builds I was reffering to, they should have more than a sliver of a second to master their 1 flask button

"
VixTrader wrote:
I'm shocked someone is crying over corrupted blood. It's seriously the easiest mod to counter. Click the F'ing pot and you're safe, wow so hard.

Other mods actually require a change in build, a change in play style, or a completely skip of any maps and monsters that have those mods.

Corrupted blood? Are you serious? You can't hit a single button on your keyboard to get rid of it? WOW you're bad at this game !

I'm not crying, but I have played a character in the past that got sub 10% life instantly every time a corrupting blood spawned. And that's if I'm paying complete 100% attention and instantly mash a pot. Some of you have obviously not experienced how crazy it gets on some characters. A change is needed IMO
"
Precaso wrote:
Why do you think they changed the chaos damage over time map mod to desecrated ground? Because it was out of control for hybrid characters. The same applies with corrupting blood to low recovery + high attack / cast speed builds. It really is out of control

have any of you experienced playing a character where corrupting blood is off the charts insane? probably not. What about a cloak of defiance character on the right side of the tree that gets 0 regen, and gets a lot of its effective HP pool from mana, which corrupting blood ignores?

"
Perq wrote:

People can choose which map mods they do so they can ignore ones that don't fit their build, everybody will run into corrupting blood no matter what. Especially if you're chaining maps for a decent period of time, you're not going to spend time checking every single rare monster for corrupting blood. Some even come out of the ground as zombies or jump in off screen as leapers, and in beyond, they can come up in a beyond pack, which means every player WILL hit into one, and with the builds I was reffering to, they should have more than a sliver of a second to master their 1 flask button

"
VixTrader wrote:

I'm not crying, but I have played a character in the past that got sub 10% life instantly every time a corrupting blood spawned. And that's if I'm paying complete 100% attention and instantly mash a pot. Some of you have obviously not experienced how crazy it gets on some characters. A change is needed IMO

You are wrong. CB is easy to counter. Otherwise just like you choose map mods as you say, you can skip the rare mob. No edge of the screen / can't be bothered to check mods excuses plz.

/thread
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
Precaso wrote:

"
Perq wrote:

"
VixTrader wrote:

You are wrong. CB is easy to counter. Otherwise just like you choose map mods as you say, you can skip the rare mob. No edge of the screen / can't be bothered to check mods excuses plz.

/thread

you obviously didn't read everything I said, or if you did you're just ignoring it and calling me wrong without bringing a counter argument.
I, along with many other people, gave you the counter argument many times in this thread. It is piss easy to counter, you can skip the mob too. There is nothing else to say. *Nothing*. You can't expect a faceroll game, *no matter what build you play*.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info