Should i buy d3 or stay here

"
majesw wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

Almost everyone will find loot in PoE incredibly unrewarding overall, as I would. And that's why I've commented here.

No they won't.
You find it unrewarding. I read your posts all the time. But just because you and a few other people find it unrewarding doesn't mean almost everyone does.
I'll gladly explain my point of view when comparing loot in D3 to loot in PoE.

In path of exile everything that drops is worth looking at. Orbs are worth picking up. White items are worth chancing. Blue items are worth identifying if you are looking for certain max stats or wanting to build your alteration stack. Rares can be BiS, and uniques are build changers (though its freaking annoying as heck to drop some of them again and again).

In Diablo 3 I play until a legendary drops. I mean, I pick up other things, but I don't actually look at them. I don't get excited by them. I don't feel like "This could be the one!" I just play until the next beam of light...

The stats on PoE items are more diverse too. Yes, for the most part we look for life and resist on gear, but there are still more choices than D3 has...

Lastly in PoE I can trade things. This is very important in a loot based game because it keeps a variety of gear interesting to the player. If I'm only running a 2 handed Maul build and I can't trade, then I'm not even picking up daggers or bows or other weapon types. Since I can trade, I care about other gear.

Could GGG improve the system here in PoE? Sure, it would be nice to not get raped by the fusing situation. Chromatics can be even worse... But this is the best system I have found yet so heck yes I find it rewarding :-/

Well said.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
majesw wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

Almost everyone will find loot in PoE incredibly unrewarding overall, as I would. And that's why I've commented here.

No they won't.
You find it unrewarding. I read your posts all the time. But just because you and a few other people find it unrewarding doesn't mean almost everyone does.

In path of exile everything that drops is worth looking at. Orbs are worth picking up. White items are worth chancing. Blue items are worth identifying if you are looking for certain max stats or wanting to build your alteration stack. Rares can be BiS, and uniques are build changers (though its freaking annoying as heck to drop some of them again and again).

In Diablo 3 I play until a legendary drops. I mean, I pick up other things, but I don't actually look at them. I don't get excited by them. I don't feel like "This could be the one!" I just play until the next beam of light...

The stats on PoE items are more diverse too. Yes, for the most part we look for life and resist on gear, but there are still more choices than D3 has...

Lastly in PoE I can trade things. This is very important in a loot based game because it keeps a variety of gear interesting to the player. If I'm only running a 2 handed Maul build and I can't trade, then I'm not even picking up daggers or bows or other weapon types. Since I can trade, I care about other gear.

Could GGG improve the system here in PoE? Sure, it would be nice to not get raped by the fusing situation. Chromatics can be even worse... But this is the best system I have found yet so heck yes I find it rewarding :-/

Pretty much resembles my experience playing both games.

But yeah, I am just a filthy casual and obviously a minority.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
majesw wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

No they won't.

Pretty much resembles my experience playing both games.

But yeah, I am just a filthy casual and obviously a minority.

isn't poe for Hardcore player only? why standard league, remove standard and poe is perfect
RoS was fun for a couple of weeks and then it's same old same old with it. I don't recommend it.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info