Should i buy d3 or stay here

Should i buy D3 with the dlc or stay on poe, i have been playing poe for quite a while now and im getting bored of farming and making new chars over and over again and i find the acts boring and story of poe kind of bad so i think im gonna take a look at D3, any of you that played d3 could tell me their experience with it? Thanks.
Last edited by ImIBoB on Apr 25, 2014, 6:39:45 AM
Buy D3.
Play both.
I burnt out on D3 RoS after about 30 hours.
But lots of people really enjoy it.
There are lots of good things about D3.
You can level your character on one play-through instead of 3 if you do it correctly.
The bounty system is quick fun.
Character skills for the most part look amazing.

But I'm mainly playing PoE because I like to develop characters and I find the loot to be much more interesting and rewarding.
If you are bored, just don't play it. It is that simple.

Rule #1 of PoE forums: You don't talk about Diablo 3.

/thread
D3 RoS was fun for a couple of weeks but you'll get bored pretty quickly unless a huge amount of mindless grinding for set items / handful of useful legendaries which are the only way to improve your gear past a certain easily achievable point is interesting to you. Rerolling a few different classes may improve the life but since most of the mechanics are pretty shallow there's not a great deal of difference between all the ranged classes and all the melee classes.

I certainly got my money's worth from the expansion but I don't think I'll be returning to it much from now on if it stays in it's current state.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Apr 25, 2014, 6:53:41 AM
"
majesw wrote:

But I'm mainly playing PoE because I like to develop characters and I find the loot to be much more interesting and rewarding.

Hmmm?
D3 is the best. you wont regret that
im botting in d3 right now
Last edited by Tom1989 on Apr 25, 2014, 7:28:23 AM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
majesw wrote:

Hmmm?

"
majesw wrote:

i picked up RoS 2 weeks ago. i will say it feels like they fixed much of the game, also you can actually use whirlwind without getting desync every 3 seconds
"
majesw wrote:
Buy D3.
Play both.
I burnt out on D3 RoS after about 30 hours.
But lots of people really enjoy it.
There are lots of good things about D3.
You can level your character on one play-through instead of 3 if you do it correctly.
The bounty system is quick fun.
Character skills for the most part look amazing.

I havent bought the expansion because I'm making a point and Blizzard will feel the loss of my £32 :=/

However, I can tell from what I've seen and played of Vanilla D3 that the expansion may be fun for a few days but ultimately, the same problems still exist.

PoE is still massively better in all departments as far as Im concerned BUT that doesnt mean Diablo3 isn't a fun game

If you would like to play a game for cool effects, a very smooth engine and just to afk blast your way through mobs, its great. For something more indepth/customisable, dangerous and time-consuming then PoE is the choice.

nothing wrong with playing both games...
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
ImIBoB wrote:
Should i buy D3 with the dlc or stay on poe, i have been playing poe for quite a while now and im getting bored of farming and making new chars over and over again and i find the acts boring and story of poe kind of bad so i think im gonna take a look at D3, any of you that played d3 could tell me their experience with it? Thanks.

If you're not having fun playing PoE anymore, you definitely shouldn't keep doing it. Take a break from it for a while and do something else, then maybe come back to it later if you feel like it. Check on here every now and then to see if anything new is added that looks interesting. But don't keep forcing yourself to play something that you're not enjoying.

As for D3, I'd say it's probably worth at least trying. Despite what a lot of people have said on these forums, it's not really a bad game in my opinion. It's not as good as the previous Diablo games and certainly far short of what it could have been or what we were hoping for, but you can probably still get at least a couple hundred hours of good play time out of it. And if nothing else, seeing all the places where it did go wrong might just make you appreciate PoE that much more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info