Some Kind of glitch where you CANNOT get away from same spot!

So I just lost a character on hardcore with good gear because of some kind of glitch.
I was surrounded by mobs so I ran away from them but for some reason I was losing health from NOTHING.
and then all of a sudden my character blinks back to the spot I was in 3 seconds ago which is when I was surrounded by the mobs. I drink flask and try to run away again. Same thing happens my character blinks back to that spot after three seconds or so. This whole time whether I was in the middle of the enemies or away from them I was being hit by them regardless. My game says that I am moving away from them but in reality its like I was just standing in the middle of the mobs the whole time......
I have about 10 friends who play this game with me and a couple of them had the same thing happen to them where they are teleported to the same spot they were over and over and over again. we tried portal scrolls to no avail. The ONLY WAY we were able to fix this was by restarting the client.......
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yesterday I lost my Shadow exactly the same way. What a pity.
I would like to refer you to this thread as it will likely answer your questions: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/90734

Also note that what I explain there can indeed happen in single player however it is vastly more rare then when playing with multiple players.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 1, 2013, 4:01:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info