Any update on fixing desync?

I feel like theres two broad issues with desync.

1. When the client and the server calculate two different scenarios for a situation. This could be different RNG numbers (hit/miss, crits, freeze/stun etc) or AI calculations (going left or right around a rock), and maybe others.

2. After the client and serve ris out of sync, how to go about re-syncing it. This involves, detecting when it is out of sync, and when to resync it.

In dealing with 1, GGG has stated that certain design choices has been made like physical blocking, hit/miss mechanics, which they rather not remove to reduce chance of desyncing. I'm not too sure what other efforts they have made to address this part.

(I do have a random suggestion, or whether or not you could actually keep the rng seed in sync?, which should produce the same randomised numbers...?)

In dealing with 2, GGG has already started doing de-sync detections and re-syncing automatically (They have tried things like re-syncing each time you get stunned, for example)
Thread number on this shit is over 9000 by now. Give it a rest, maybe go play D3 if you think desync sucks so much?

Just a thought: Dont play a game if you can only complain about everything.
it cannot be solved.
"
so lame i have to worry about if my auto log out and /oos macro is on

/oos macro is allowed, but automatic log out sounds like bannable offense.
Last edited by Mortal321 on Apr 24, 2014, 8:20:21 AM
"
Mortal321 wrote:
"
so lame i have to worry about if my auto log out and /oos macro is on

/oos macro is allowed, but automatic log out sounds like bannable offense.

Auto anything is always bannable, /oos with autohotkey is legit and i use it from time to time, desync is not as bad as people make it out to be though.
desync still happens often enough that I won't play a hardcore league (where it only needs to happen once).

I don't have nearly the time to invest in a character that will rip to a crap death. Too bad, looks like it could be fun.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Apr 24, 2014, 12:35:35 PM
Handling/avoiding desync is a skill. Of course it is unfortunate that it is. But the fact is you can reduce/avoid desync with experience and some awareness.

Noblesse oblige

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info