Any update on fixing desync?

Just had 2 AWFUL desync deaths in a palace 1 to the leap slam exile and 1 to dominus teleport insta smash and its just...so lame i have to worry about if my auto log out and /oos macro is on and i have to expect the game to fail and bug out for me to fix it. Anyway update on getting it fixed? i know anyone reading this will be like "Desnyc..fixed? LMFAO yeah right" im so depressed -_-
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:

This post is copy-pasted from that a few years old manifesto :( updates from the distant past..
"
symban wrote:
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:

This post is copy-pasted from that a few years old manifesto :( updates from the distant past..

Maybe, but that information is just as relative then as it is now. If Desync was so easy to fix, don't you think they would have done it already? You think they don't understand how it affects players enjoyment of the game?

GGG have showed they are nothing if but dedicated to giving the players the best experience they can. This game is a game of passion for them, they weren't given a contract to work from.
#NeverGoing90
they aren't fixing crap

thats why the game is dying
I have died so many times to desync its getting painful, and am starting to find this game unplayable at times. Farm hard and long to get gear up to move to higher act and bang desync and dead.
"
symban wrote:
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:

Bottom of the post has an update attached to it.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
symban wrote:
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:

Bottom of the post has an update attached to it.

I know.. I wanted to avoid commenting on these new updates from Chris actually but I guess cant hold it much longer about this part:
"
Chris wrote:

Suggesting we switch to a synchronous action model like RTS/MOBA games really isn't a good solution. I understand that RTSs/MOBAs don't have desync, but they do have lag after each and every click. When the semantic is that you're ordering a unit around, this lag is understandable, but if you *are* the unit, then it feels really terrible.

He should tell this to millions of LoL/Dota2 players, so they can laugh their ass off.. Because I as one did when I read it..

I understand that they dont want to fix it becuase of resources/manpower etc, but making such hilarious comments is just out right wrong.
"
He should tell this to millions of LoL/Dota2 players, so they can laugh their ass off.. Because I as one did when I read it..

Um why? He is just stating how they work. I've played Dota,it's not quite as precise as action rpgs.

"
I understand that they dont want to fix it becuase of resources/manpower etc

They do want to fix it as clearly stated in the old manifesto and in the new update.. They state how they are going about it.

I consider desync the shittiest thing about PoE but that doesn't mean I dismiss legitimate points. I hate it has taken so long but it's nice to be updated at least.
Last edited by kasub on Apr 23, 2014, 11:56:25 PM
"
kasub wrote:
"

Um why? He is just stating how they work. I've played Dota,it's not quite as *precise* as action rpgs.

I will only assume that you have no idea what the word *precise* means.

"
kasub wrote:
They do want to fix it as clearly stated in the old manifesto and in the new update.. They state how they are going about it.

I consider desync the shittiest thing about PoE but that doesn't mean I dismiss legitimate points. I hate it has taken so long but it's nice to be updated at least.

That's the point, his comment about moba netcode system was not a legitimite point, just an opinion of his. Look at this forums there is always desynch threads, and there will always be.
If his claims about moba netcode was even slightly correct, then dont you think moba forums would be full of posts saying "game feels really horrible". There are no such threads, because it does not feel even slightly bad at all. This is just an excuse Crhis invented, and people who have little experience are buying.

I made my peace with desynch, it is just that I am really pissed of to see that spin attempts under the pretence of communication.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info