Timer Scamming Docks to farm Atziri Fragments

I in no way take credit for this, as it has been posted before more than a few times, but I felt it deserved its own thread for those not interested in browsing through the 70 pages that the 'atziri fragments' post has become.

What follows is a long and boring video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzcdYsM-ZTk
In a period of 18 minutes, I manage to get to 5 (or 6? not sure lost count) corrupted areas. I had one false positive at around ~3 mins due to some wackiness with an aura reset.

What is it? Basically it shows how you can almost guarantee getting a docks instance with a corrupted area spawned to try to get your midnight fragments.

How does it work? Basically, the longer your load time, the greater chance that a corrupted area has spawned - when a corrupted area needs to load it, it significantly increases the load time.
For me, methodology was: <1.6s = no corrupted area has spawned, <1.9s = a lowish chance there's a corrupted area has spawned, >2s = almost guarantee that a corrupted area has spawned. For you, depending on how good your computer is, your timings will likely be something different. it takes a bit of experimentation, but once you figure it out, you can be pretty consistent.

Is this intended/cheating/exploiting/whatever? I don't know, but personally I feel that if GGG didn't want people to do this kind of thing, they wouldn't have put such a stupid RNG gate on normal Atziri.

Stick it to the man!
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
The fix is obvious. Add an artificial .3 second load time to areas that don't have corrupted zones.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The fix is obvious. Add an artificial .3 second load time to areas that don't have corrupted zones.

To piss me off further prolonging my already 10 sec+ loading times.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

To piss me off further prolonging my already 10 sec+ loading times.

On the bright side, the corrupted areas would be easier to notice.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Considering the load time is different for everyone.. That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Interesting not valid for me as my game always loads slow. Makes no sense since I can run BF4 on rather high settings no problem.
What if I already load the map in less than 1 seconds?

Docks corrupted area are easy to find anyway, I farm docks and avoid them... Fairly common... always in top left or middle right of the map AFAIK...
Who cares? Go play the game instead of giving 2 shits about people using the load times to determine whether or not they got a corrupted zone.
And this is my friends why I ain`t playing PoE at the moment and many other things. :) ( just reading the forums for improvements hoping that some day I will enjoy this game )
"
htblind wrote:
And this is my friends why I ain`t playing PoE at the moment and many other things. :) ( just reading the forums for improvements hoping that some day I will enjoy this game )

If you dont enjoy it now i doubt you enjoy it anytime soon or anywhere in the future. Just play something else, nobody is stopping you. I play Everything from Bioshock to D2 Median XL to Frozen Throne. Where does it say you gotta wait till the game improves so you can "enjoy" it?

POE is enjoyable as it is, if you dont agree with that im sorry but thats a fact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info