Tempest Shield turns off ?

I am not quite sure if this is a bug, but seeing how Tempest Shield is kind off an aura I think it shouldn´t just randomly stop working ( by that I mean that I have to recast it again ). I know it must be tempest shield and it wasn´t just auras in general because I also had a Clarity active which did no such things. It´s nothing game-breaking just a tad annoying.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"I know it must be tempest shield and it wasn´t just auras in general"
Tempest Shield is not an Aura.

TS needs to be recast every area because it wouldn't deal damage otherwise. It's a quirk of the game engine. :)
No, it's more than that, cause I've definitely had it shut off in the middle of a zone plenty of times by itself. Leveling a Tempest Shield character right now, and it happens seemingly randomly. Also you don't need to recast between zones, at least not anymore.

And yes, I necro'd this to show that it's still an issue.
Last edited by Aeroshe on Jan 28, 2014, 2:49:05 AM
"
Aeroshe wrote:
No, it's more than that, cause I've definitely had it shut off in the middle of a zone plenty of times by itself...

Tempest Shield turns itself off 'in the middle of a zone', when a linked skill gem levels up.

"
mayurakwai wrote:
"
Aeroshe wrote:
No, it's more than that, cause I've definitely had it shut off in the middle of a zone plenty of times by itself...

Tempest Shield turns itself off 'in the middle of a zone', when a linked skill gem levels up.

Yes. And that's what we call a bug...

No other aura gems do that, ergo T-Shield should not either. Changing zones I can understand.
Last edited by husk_OptimusPrime on Jan 31, 2014, 4:24:00 PM
"
No other aura gems do that[..]

Tempest Shield is not an Aura.
Doesn't even need to be linked, had mine turn off when something in another piece of gear leveled. (Purity of fire that was running).
Hey guys, using tempest shield in my current build and this problem exists for me as well.

Tempest shield is turning off when I level up certain gems. The gems don't have to be linked to it for this to happen. Also, it doesn't happen with all the gems I had equipped, just some of them. As soon as I click the + to level up the gem, tempest shield immediately turns off and needs to be recast.
Those Gems are socketed in your shield.

Gems are part of an item's stats, and in order to update the stats of a given item, it has to be re-equipped. You lose your Shield for a fraction of a second, and thus TS deactivates. They're looking into streamlining this a bit more in the future.
This is fixed in 1.2.0, as part of the changes to ongoing skill effects that let us remove snapshotting.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 17, 2014, 11:22:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info