Mortal Conviction needs a rework

Maybe just make MK something like "you can have one aura for free"? After snapshotting fix, pfc.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
Maybe just make MK something like "you can have one aura for free"? After snapshotting fix, pfc.
It's been discussed and shot down multiple times. Making a keystone mandatory is not how you make a keystone good.

The simplest fix is to simply change it from less to reduced, allowing it to stack additively with traditional reduction sources. It would have to be reduced in magnitude but a "BM aura" build would be able to relatively cheaply run an aura that way.

Edit: Prism Guardian would be changed from "25% less reservation" to "Gems in this item have Mortal Conviction.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Jun 21, 2014, 11:15:35 AM
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
It's been discussed and shot down multiple times. Making a keystone mandatory is not how you make a keystone good.
I don't understand, why would it become mandatory? You would still have to take BM, and MK is 1 point away from it anyway.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
I don't understand, why would it become mandatory? You would still have to take BM, and MK is 1 point away from it anyway.
Because if you play Auras are mandatory. Therefore if you take blood magic MC is mandatory assuming auras aren't crippled.

Currently auras for BM are crippled (in the sense that nobody sane is going to use them when they could have them free instead), but taking MC is an option to get *an* aura albeit at a steep price, the cheap auras remain useful even for BM.

Auras and BM need tuning (badly), and auras vs personal power need tuning (again badly). But the last thing that needs to happen is for MC to become mandatory, in much the same way the fact that certain other Keystones are for all intents and purposes mandatory.
+Adds maxiumum Mana to maxiumum Life
+Cannot be used with Eldrich Battery
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Jun 23, 2014, 9:21:20 AM
Adding Mana to Life is obscenely overpowered. Oak's reward in Normal is 40 flat Life and it's really quite useful (similar to another 8% Life node). Your Mana pool will be in the hundreds even without Mana multipliers or Mana modifiers from gear.
The more I think about this, the more Mortal Conviction should just be scrapped.

Personally, I'd replace it with something like this:
Barbarism (new keystone)
Converts all Intelligence to Strength

This would still have a significant cost (skills and gear become more limited), but it would allow you to convert some of your Mana into Life (and more physical melee damage, too).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 23, 2014, 11:50:40 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The more I think about this, the more Mortal Conviction should just be scrapped.

Personally, I'd replace it with something like this:
Barbarism (new keystone)
Converts all Intelligence to Strength

This would still have a significant cost (skills and gear become more limited), but it would allow you to convert some of your Mana into Life (and more physical melee damage, too).
Barbarism
Increase life by your base mana

Because you probably have no actual Int. The design means you gain a fair chunk of base life, but you can't cheat it by increasing your mana from any source (no EB shenanigans for you). I do in fact mean base as in mana from mana per level.
That's still over 400 flat Mana in the end, which is sick nasty.
how about at reduced effectiveness then? something like 25%? i didn't consider just how much flat mana would be converted to life originally, i honestly think this could be simple and effective way to make it work well if the numbers are right.

EDIT: nvm, at that point its just another MoM lol
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Jun 24, 2014, 6:50:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info