Arctic Armor mana cost question

I was wondering if the passive skill "Reduced Mana Cost of Skills" affected Arctic Armor's mana cost.
The wiki states that the Reduced Mana skill gem does not affect Arctic Armor, but it does not specifically mention passives.

Does anyone happen to know?
Quick answer: No, passives that reduce mana cost wont reduce the mana degen of AA.

The mana degen of AA is not actually a mana cost, thus those passives wont help.
In fact, the mana degen is counted as a buff and thus increased buff effect will increase the cost, as well as the flat reduced damage.
Thank you for the reply.

However, now I have another question. Does that mean passive skills of "Increased Auras You Cast" will INcrease AA's mana cost?
Tell me I'm misunderstanding that.
Last edited by respwnd on Apr 23, 2014, 11:57:01 AM
It's not an aura.
"
respwnd wrote:
Thank you for the reply.

However, now I have another question. Does that mean passive skills of "Increased Auras You Cast" will INcrease AA's mana cost?
Tell me I'm misunderstanding that.

only "% increased effect of buffs on you" passives will increase the damage reduction and mana degen cost of AA for example the inner force cluster or the node Holy Strength left of the inner force cluster will work.
Hi

I also heard AA does not work on BM builds:(

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

I also heard AA does not work on BM builds:(

cheers

sure it works but not like you want it to :D
the activation cost of AA is 0 mana if you bloodmagic it you pay 0 hp for activation but the mana degeneration is separate and can not be changed to take life instead of mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info