[Gameplay Discussion] Dedicated Support/Culling Builds

I would like to discuss dedicated support builds. What are you experiences with support/conduit builds? Please suggest attributes that I may add to this list. Off the top of my head, I think that the following qualities are important for a support build.

- Culling Strike
- 200+ IR / 20+ IQ
- Increased Aura Effects to Party members
- Conduit, using Frenzy, Enduring Cry or Power Siphon
- Dual Curses

Talking points:
- What do you think is the best build to provide support in a Hardcore setting, where death is permanent?
- What build combines good solo clear speed with gear group support?
- What builds are easily done on a fresh league with few available items?
- What skills are best suited to culling rares?
- Which uniques/rares do you recommend for stacking IQ/IR?
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Apr 23, 2014, 11:42:32 AM
bump
It is much harder to do in HC and it does cut out a lot of builds. I'm in Ambush right now and I run 8-9 auras, low life, 340 IIR cull. I have about 20k def but only 3k ES due to lacking a Shav's. I also run RF when solo for damage.

On the other hand in HC it is much easier to do a 5 curse exile (boots + 2 rings + passives) and get auras from there then forget the IIR and cull. Add dying breath and maybe a corrupted amulet for the 6th curse.
IGN: LiveD_LivE
Last edited by requiner on Apr 23, 2014, 1:18:42 PM
"
requiner wrote:
It is much harder to do in HC and it does cut out a lot of builds. I'm in Ambush right now and I run 8-9 auras, low life, 340 IIR cull. I have about 20k def but only 3k ES due to lacking a Shav's. I also run RF when solo for damage.

On the other hand in HC it is much easier to do a 5 curse exile (boots + 2 rings + passives) and get auras from there then forget the IIR and cull. Add dying breath and maybe a corrupted amulet for the 6th curse.

Thanks for posting. Your build sounds like it is very helpful to the rest of your party. What tweaks could be made to adapt your build to a hardcore setting?
bump
bump
you forgot to add zombie's in your list of requirements i think?

For a dedicated hardcore support build, spreading out the damage of enemy's over zombie's would be beneficial imo for survival. (like a meat shield or dummy's)

also a good animated gaurdian could be very nice for a support build, given the proper items that is.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I run in SC, so it may not apply directly.

My summoner does a semi-support build.
I use the scepter that cuts the number of zombies in half, but makes them uber strong.
I dont use any skeletons.
I use 2 specters, tenacled miscreants.

Thus I only have 6 minions, reducing complaints from people about lag and targeting diffiuclties.

Even though my gems are only level 19, my zombies are GREAT tanks.
I am particularly popular with the archers in my guild, as they like my zombies tanking for them, but hate running with full 20+ minion summoners.

I have 4 aura clusters FULLY filled out, so my auras are very very strong (will be stronger when i get the gems to 20.)
The toons running attack abilities on blood magic are particulary grateful for my vit aura, and every time I run with a CI toon, they comment on how much stronger my disciplin is then theirs.

I have several curse gems, and use the one the party wants. (only one curse, thought about getting a second but its hard enough keeping up one curse and doing flesh offering)

I can solo ok, but its very slow. I don't die, but it takes time to kill stuff.

But i always get invited to guild map runs.

I am too lazy right now to make a link to my tree build, but its pretty simple, every single summoner node, 4 full aura clusters, and CI.

The only expensive piece of gear I have is the scepter, and its not that expensive.
I have played three kinds of cullers.

Sporker, flame totem, incinerate+spell totem culler and summoner.
I think a summoner is the best bet now.

What it really comes down to is just find a good skill to cull with and use the rest of your passive skill points for survival and support.

I have kinda retired my cullers now with the nerf to iiq and spork. Things never were the same after that. Just not the same efficiency as the old sporker. But maybe just a feeling i have.
Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 26, 2014, 5:42:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info