6l with 1 fusing - euhm watch and convince yourself

Pretty much the most awesome thing that can happen in this game

and i know of 1 other person who got a 6link in 1 fuse, davros, he always drops a fusing on every 6 socket he finds and then vendors it, so he got a 6link headsman axe though so good luck selling that hahaha
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Apr 23, 2014, 1:26:05 PM
That video made me angry(and a lil bit jealous) and it reminds me why i hate the "rng" that this game is built upon.

Big congratulations though, I wish i could have that luck sometime.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
I'll throw 1 fusing at every 6 socket I pick up, So far only 7-8 5 links (none of them are even used, they're on crap gear) and no 6, out of countless 6 sockets.

After a year and a half, my only good drops are 6 exalted and a midnight. It would be nice to get something a little better. But oh well, nature of the beast.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
I'll throw 1 fusing at every 6 socket I pick up, So far only 7-8 5 links (none of them are even used, they're on crap gear) and no 6, out of countless 6 sockets.

After a year and a half, my only good drops are 6 exalted and a midnight. It would be nice to get something a little better. But oh well, nature of the beast.

I see a lot of people talk about how long they have been playing, but how many hours is that?
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
The video was awesome, and shows why I love this game.

I've personally not made a 6L, but I've made about 3-4 5L chest pieces with about 100 fuses used.

IMHO POE has designed something that always wants you yearning for more. If you have a 4L, you want a 5L. If you have a 5L. you want a 6L. They make it difficult enough so that you don't reach your goals easily, because if you did, you'd simply get all the best gear, reach the lvl cap, and quity (which I've done on many "EZ Mode" games, e.g., WoW and Age of Conan).

I flipped out when I looted my gloves that were an upgrade for a decently equipped 80+ toon. We've all been there to varying degrees. A few days ago I looted some Rainbowstrides, and though they are worth, at most, 4EX, I was doing backflips lol. That's the beauty of RNG and POE. :)
Check out my live stream at http://www.twitch.tv/huskylawyer.

IGN: Farrakhann (Standard) - Lvl 89 Marauder
Last edited by bloodandsin on Apr 23, 2014, 2:21:11 PM
Grats Tae, you lucky bastard.
Oblivious
"
mazul wrote:
"
Zanixx wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
Priceless.

...this is what GGG uses as argumentation for their RNG. They want exactly that reaction.

Its just like people using the 'my 6L took 6000 fusings' and insist this is the argument to be used regarding RNG.

Both extremes and both happen as rarely as one another.

You may be right, but not because the risk of failing 5999 fusings on a row is the same, but because a hell lot of people would just simply quit the game before even reaching those 6000 fusings.

The chance of 6L is roughly 1 in 1000 (i.e. within 1000/1.5 and 1000*1.5).

Given 1 in 1000 chance to 6L in fusing, the risk of failing 5999 fusings on a row is:

(1-0.001)^5999 = 0.247%

So failing 5999 fusings on a row is over twice as likely as succeeding in 1 try.

Are we not going to talk about this rocket science response above?

Never mind, I´m probably too stupid and easily amazed by smart posts.
double post
Last edited by junaum on Apr 23, 2014, 3:40:42 PM
I feel happy for the dude, but why are people commenting stuff like

"gratz on your achievement"

What did he achieve?

You make it sound like he worked towards this goal and this is the unleash of all that accumulated stress upon reaching it.

It's not.

This guy just gets to experience the joy of a million other people's failed 6-linked attempts combined.

For all the ones in the shitter because of it, he gets the opposite draw.

Still congratz dude, really happy for you, enjoy it! :)

Spoiler
i don't even think i would be happy if i got this achievement, since i would be aware that a shitload of other people would not get it since i got it. But that's just me and wishing luck on everybody, not very fitting for a "rogue" game i suppose.

Edit : hmm i figured this "gratz on your achievement" actually means the 6-linked achievement and is not a witty "you so killed brah" comment. I suppose that's appropriate? One of the only reasons it could be called an achievement i suppose :').
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Apr 23, 2014, 4:04:45 PM
O That is so awsome man Congratulations.

Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info