6l with 1 fusing - euhm watch and convince yourself

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 23, 2014, 7:17:18 AM
He is happy. He hit the lottery, and he is really happy. So it should make us happy to see that. He wouldn't want us to feel sad for his condition or anything. He doesn't want pity. That's my point, then.

Initially I (mis)understood your post as another implication of "oh look a basement dweller spent 1k hours in the game and got 6L shavs, big amaze, much wow", but if it wasn't, I'm really happy about that as well!
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
my buddy has a 6L harbigner bow i threw 5 fuse at for the lulz

my wife thought I was dying or something because i was screaming OMG OMG OMGOM GIOMG OMGOMGa;fkjasdfjkasd;klj
S L O W E R
haha im at 5L level and i was happy to get 5L after 60 fuse -.- I will never even try to make 6L, better chance it will drop to me xD
Gratz to the guy and wish it to him. I was laughing to his reaction as it was funny.
If it happened to me, I would be like what the fuck and could not believe what happened, but certainly wouldn't react by screaming. I would probably just be quiet and amazed.
im so jealous LOL
I know this feeling. Good job!

After joining POE last league and started off as a noob I never was able to get a 6L or get any currency(did not know how to trade well)

Now after doing an ele ST build I wanted to use a lightning coil. Bought one for 13 chaos spend 10 jews to 6s it and had 15 fusing to get a 5L. After 3 fusings I ended up with a 6L. Freaking nearly died!

The feeling to achieve this is pretty awesome :D!
"
Zanixx wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
Priceless.

...this is what GGG uses as argumentation for their RNG. They want exactly that reaction.

Its just like people using the 'my 6L took 6000 fusings' and insist this is the argument to be used regarding RNG.

Both extremes and both happen as rarely as one another.

You may be right, but not because the risk of failing 5999 fusings on a row is the same, but because a hell lot of people would just simply quit the game before even reaching those 6000 fusings.

The chance of 6L is roughly 1 in 1000 (i.e. within 1000/1.5 and 1000*1.5).

Given 1 in 1000 chance to 6L in fusing, the risk of failing 5999 fusings on a row is:

(1-0.001)^5999 = 0.247%

So failing 5999 fusings on a row is over twice as likely as succeeding in 1 try.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Apr 23, 2014, 10:54:52 AM
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

...this is what GGG uses as argumentation for their RNG. They want exactly that reaction.

Yes, but for each of those "reactions", how many quit? Was it worth it? Hard questions to answer.

Edit: Extreme RNG also opposes the idea that one should work hard to earn the items one gets. Extreme RNG allows the possibility to bypass that work.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Apr 23, 2014, 10:58:09 AM
Honestly though? The fact that reaction exists is testament to how terrible and gated RNG is in this game. I actually had to turn it off because when he started flipping out I was reminded of gambling addictions and how sad it actually is. I mean that in a non offensive way. I don't expect to see a nonchalant reaction - a fist pump or a "hell fucking YA!" reaction - but a total and complete flip out like this shows you some massive gaps in craft/loot in this game.

Pretty sad to see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info