"If PoE increased droprates, people would instantly leave the game"

I lost 30% of my online friends after last league. The game's reward is too low to play.

With so many builds, most people can't try them because the key item is too expensive.

With the capability of crafting an item by player's will, most of the players can't afford it because it's only for 1% of the players.

The poor trading solution might be a problem too but if the drops are better, the trading will be easier.
"
rrrrr5r wrote:
I lost 30% of my online friends after last league. The game's reward is too low to play.

With so many builds, most people can't try them because the key item is too expensive.

With the capability of crafting an item by player's will, most of the players can't afford it because it's only for 1% of the players.

The poor trading solution might be a problem too but if the drops are better, the trading will be easier.

Crafting orb increases would be a step in the right direction, it shouldn't be limited to those who abuse the shit out of the trade mechanic. The market would then adjust over time to the increase.

Increasing the drop rates of powerful unique or rare items would be the worst decision. If shavs dropped after 100 hours or whatever then it feels like a job, put in the time to get it and get it. Also putting in double the effort you get another, you don't even get excited and most likely can't sell it because so many drop. Look at face breakers or wondertrap, people use them for builds but who gets excited when one drops?

If you save currency instead of blowing it you can buy the expensive items currently, I believe most people with this issue are trying to craft or buy mediocre items instead of saving for the item they really want/need.

Right now when an exalt drops its like a mob from Diablo dropping 1 billion gold at once.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on Apr 24, 2014, 2:57:04 AM
Look at the famous D3. 99% of leg is trash.
"
Tom1989 wrote:
Look at the famous D3. 99% of leg is trash.

Increased item drops just moves the bell curve to what is considered good.

If the same legendary items dropped last May the prices were through the roof. HammerJammers were over 1 million gold in early June, now imagine if they reopened the AH, 1k? Who knows.

"
meloo55 wrote:
poe will never be on the level of d2 with d2 being a game you can play on private servers with freinds on your own league or the offline

Lol, POE is already better than D2. For one thing, no dupes and no cheats, some exploits but that is to be expected.

D2 fanboys are worse than WoW fanboys sometimes. Its like some people here are getting paid by acti blizz to promote their shitty games and i played D2 and only Median XL brought me back after playing a lot of LOD.
"
"
meloo55 wrote:
poe will never be on the level of d2 with d2 being a game you can play on private servers with freinds on your own league or the offline

Lol, POE is already better than D2. For one thing, no dupes and no cheats, some exploits but that is to be expected.

D2 fanboys are worse than WoW fanboys sometimes. Its like some people here are getting paid by acti blizz to promote their shitty games and i played D2 and only Median XL brought me back after playing a lot of LOD.

Don't be silly. D2(except for the spammers and the older graphics) is pretty damn near perfect.
It does what it needs to do extremely well. Namely "be fun".
That's all a game needs to do.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"

Don't be silly. D2(except for the spammers and the older graphics) is pretty damn near perfect.

See, "be fun" is highly subjective. But if you consider D2 to be perfect, then why are you here? I am here because I consider PoE (with all its flaws that it has) to be superior to any other game. If that were not the case, I would post in the forum of the game that I consider to be better than PoE.

D2 was awesome, but people have over-glorified memories of getting loot in that game.

Self found hardcore classic is kinda like dragging your balls through sand, but it's still awesome and fun even though you get no drops.

Even self found LoD the drops are bad, I had to quit on my self found lvl 78 hardcore barb because I hit a gear check at act 5 hell and couldn't make it even to the throne room after doing Pindle runs for hours every day, and ontop of that, anywhere where I could get decent xp was too dangerous.

Also, stash space was a joke, and good luck finding any of the runes to make your runewords.

I could be way more well off self found in Ambush league than I would have ever been in Diablo 2

anything is everything
"
D2 was awesome, but people have over-glorified memories of getting loot in that game.

Self found hardcore classic is kinda like dragging your balls through sand, but it's still awesome and fun even though you get no drops.

Even self found LoD the drops are bad, I had to quit on my self found lvl 78 hardcore barb because I hit a gear check at act 5 hell and couldn't make it even to the throne room after doing Pindle runs for hours every day, and ontop of that, anywhere where I could get decent xp was too dangerous.

Also, stash space was a joke, and good luck finding any of the runes to make your runewords.

I could be way more well off self found in Ambush league than I would have ever been in Diablo 2

I have a totally different "memory" of D2. I also only played self found, and I did beat the game with Barb and Sorc, dragging myself up to level 89, I think. No duping, no online play - nothing.

But you mention gear check. D2 never had a real gear check. Didn't two guys beat Hell on D2 "naked" without gear? The build in D2 was it's own. The build in PoE is %-based, meaning your gear is everything.

So in PoE, with this HUGE passive tree, everything is based on your gear. Taking every health node? Doesn't matter if every gear in every slot on your char have below 50 health. Taking every physical damage node? Doesn't matter, as long as you don't have a great pDPS weapon.

And the "great" gear doesn't drop in PoE, Chris doesn't want it to drop. So the best weapons is only craftable, with orbs that doesn't drop - on white high level gear - that you may not be able to aquire, without the good gear. It's a strange circle.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
"
meloo55 wrote:

D2 is tedious and quickly gets boring if it wasnt for BrotherLaz i wouldnt have started playing again or not played again so soon so much. POE is a lot of fun as well, dont tell mw you play POE for any other reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info