"Auras + Reduced Mana" Exploit/Bug

Step #1
Put any Aura that reserves mana and Reduced Mana gems into sockets (synergy).
Reduced Mana should reduce amount of reserved mana required.

Step #2
Activate Aura.
Check how much mana has been reserved.

Step #3
Remove Reduced Mana gem.
BUG => description that says how much many is required to reserve will change back to default, BUT AMOUNT OF RESERVED MANA WILL NOT.

This allows players to remove Reduced Mana gems and replace them with something else after auras are activated.
Seems like Reduced Mana triggers upon skill activation.
I am not sure if this work as intended with auras.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Just wanted to create thread with exactly the same problem, but found yours. And this is not fixed yet :)

Yes, currently mana reservation applies on aura activation. And even without exploiting, this is annoying: when Reduced Mana gem levels up, you have to reactivate the auras to get the new effect.
known, and very old issue.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
I didnt know where to post, but my issue is regarding the same topic - auras and reduced mana gem.

I've been running purity, determination, vitality and hatred on my mana with a lvl 18 reduced mana and 2 points in reduced mana reservation talents. All this ended making my 40% auras cost 27% and hatred cost 19%, so 27+27+27+19=100 wich was pretty neat, cuz when i use bloodmagic gems for all my skills i have no use for mana. But since i lvled up i cant turn on the last aura, even tho the spell/aura is NOT greyed out?

Any help is welcome, and sry if this is a double post regarding this this subject- but i couldnt find anything when i searched the forum~
I guess its caused by some unfortunately rounding, that leads to the effect that your 27%+27%+27%+19% no results in >100% on your mana. You can easily check with two of the gems how many mana is really reserved...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
hmm, well i have tried out with numerous of different mana items for changeing the size of my pool, but nothing seems to help:/
Far as I can tell, a recent change made it impossible to reserve exactly 100% of your Mana with only percent-reserves, to prevent a bug that allowed for free Auras.
well, would be nice with some kind of confirmation from GGG tbh.
"
Grispapa420 wrote:
hmm, well i have tried out with numerous of different mana items for changeing the size of my pool, but nothing seems to help:/

Changing the size of your mana pool won't help % auras. 50% of 200 and 50% of 9000 is still 50%.
Reducing the mana reserved will.

You don't need GGG confirmation.
This isn't a bug, and that's how it works.
read the whole post b4 you reply please~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info