What is so good about trading (as opposed to better loot)?

"
Veruski wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Spysong192 wrote:

First using blatant ad hominem than plain insulting. Was it a hard day champ?

He is entirely right. Whoever doesnt trade has no business crying about the drop rates. What they want is a single player game that only drops items for their specific class. That is not POE and never will be.

i do trade, so he wasn't right.

i just do it efficiently. instead of deleting outdated old entries, i create a new thread with my actual new items

it's half the effort ;)

l2read

this is an ARPG, not a trade simulator. if you want a trade simulator, you should not be playing this game.

perhaps you want it to become a trade simulator. if so, i feel sorry for you.

Not sure how did you get that what i want is a trade simulator. Ridiculously false assumtion.

I dont even flip items. All i do is spend 20 seconds every 1-2 maps to spam trade chat in a few channels and bump my shop every hours (with b/o on almost all items so that they show in the item indexer). Basically, 95% of my playtime is playing, the other 5% involves trading. Is that too much of a pain in the ass for you to do? What kind of lazy are you? You want to get geared or you want to keep being an utter newb?
i just told you i already trade

but the amount of time i spend on the trade aspect is probably more than 5% these days

why?

because you are much more likely to get a good drop on the AH than you are in the game.

and if you don't know this, you are likely extremely new to the PoE experience

it has been growing in this direction for a long time now. trading is more and more central to the game, not killing monsters

killing monsters is a secondary thing for gaining levels to equip the gear that you get in the auction house
"
Veruski wrote:
i just told you i already trade

but the amount of time i spend on the trade aspect is probably more than 5% these days

why?

because you are much more likely to get a good drop on the AH than you are in the game.

and if you don't know this, you are likely extremely new to the PoE experience

it has been growing in this direction for a long time now. trading is more and more central to the game, not killing monsters

killing monsters is a secondary thing for gaining levels to equip the gear that you get in the auction house

Trading has always been the fastest way to get wealth, in any games and in life (being an employee versus being an employer). Deal with it.

Flippers gets the most wealth by sacrificing all the actual gaming in order to trade. Good for them. Do you need to flip items to get geared? Nop. I only sell what I find and have no problem gearing up so you must be doing something wrong. And lol at saying i am extremely new to the PoE experience. Ive been playing games like that since 1999 so spare me that arrogant attitude.
try trading your way to wealth in diablo 3 bro

not saying it's a better game than poe, but the statement that trading is the fastest way to wealth "in any game" isn't true

it's a design choice.

we don't have an auction house in the game due to a design choice. the devs were afraid if trading happens too quickly, it breaks the game.

so instead, the players obviously made their own. it works good enough. pretty effective.

we're still in the initial fallout stage. it will continue to get much, much worse*. lol

Spoiler
*and so will drops
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 23, 2014, 5:45:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info