What is so good about trading (as opposed to better loot)?

it used to be:

if you don't like the AH, play PoE

now it's: if you don't like the AH, play D3

what people REALLY mean when they say shit like this is:

if you don't like PoE, play something else.

which is a bullshit comment to begin with
"
OleOlof wrote:
If you don't like trading play D3!!!!

Seriously...why do you want every single game be like other ones? Why you cannot be happy to have the freedom to play different ARPG's with complete different approaches? Why do you want to force people who dont like the Diablo3 approach, but the PoE one, to have no choice at all anymore?

This is something i've been saying for a while.

Giving suggestions is great and the community can contribute to making a better game however, the suggestions to overhaul some of the core parameters of the game is very irritating.
By some peoples standard, they just want PoE to be like lots of other games.
There is nothing wrong with games differing. Heading towards a generic arpg mould is exactly what a lot of people on here would do if given the reins... Its a concern.

the fact that this game is good, hard to find uber gear, hard to down the final boss etc etc is exactly why so many people are hanging around, contributing (both with money and ideas) and new players are joining.

The constant bombardment of posts by some people who keep shouting the game is dying blah blah is just contrived rubbish.

Get a grip and play for fun. I used to trade but i started to play the game less, and sit on the forums more. I decided I didn't enjoy it so I played self-found. That solved my problem. I hope some players who dislike certain things (that they can change)... change them. Simple.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Jojas wrote:
All of this basically sums up what you can read here over and over again. But none of this is true! And it's so weird to see it time and time again as if some sort of "serious" point was made, while any one of these points can easily be ripped to shreds without any effort.

None of this is true? Really?

Are these points able to be ripped apart with no effort or have you just put no effort into ripping them apart?
Doomed for Life
i will never understand people against trading. Im assuming these are people that just dont like playing this game with anyone else.
"
warlick wrote:
i will never understand people against trading. Im assuming these are people that just dont like playing this game with anyone else.

lol

it's not about not liking trade, at least for me

it's about not wanting the entire game to be about trading

if you played d3 before the AH was removed, the game WAS trading

killing monsters was SECONDARY and NOT NEEDED you could trade your way to victory

PoE is headed directly down this road, and it worries some of us.

trading is fine. an excessive focus on trading over playing, is not fine.

at some point, it is no longer even a member of the ARPG genre.
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 23, 2014, 1:44:23 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
warlick wrote:

lol

killing monsters was SECONDARY and NOT NEEDED you could trade your way to victory

Do you even have a shop? Doesn't seem like you do from a few pages of your posts. It's truly pathetic that shitty players like you seriously think you have the right to talk about this when you don't even know how to trade efficiently. Do yourself and everyone else a favour and shut the fuck up.
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Do you even have a shop? Doesn't seem like you do from a few pages of your posts.

the indexer doesn't give a shit if your items are spread out over 5 threads or 1 thread

http://poe.xyz.is/tags.html

you seem to be ignorant, so you might find the above link helpful

enjoy

trading is easy as shit in this game. it doesn't require super secret special insider knowledge. it requires using the AH (xyz) and common sense.
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 23, 2014, 3:25:40 PM
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
"
warlick wrote:

lol

Do you even have a shop? Doesn't seem like you do from a few pages of your posts. It's truly pathetic that shitty players like you seriously think you have the right to talk about this when you don't even know how to trade efficiently. Do yourself and everyone else a favour and shut the fuck up.

First using blatant ad hominem than plain insulting. Was it a hard day champ?
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:

He is entirely right. Whoever doesnt trade has no business crying about the drop rates. What they want is a single player game that only drops items for their specific class. That is not POE and never will be.
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Spysong192 wrote:

He is entirely right. Whoever doesnt trade has no business crying about the drop rates. What they want is a single player game that only drops items for their specific class. That is not POE and never will be.

i do trade, so he wasn't right.

i just do it efficiently. instead of deleting outdated old entries, i create a new thread with my actual new items

it's half the effort ;)

l2read

this is an ARPG, not a trade simulator. if you want a trade simulator, you should not be playing this game.

perhaps you want it to become a trade simulator. if so, i feel sorry for you.
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 23, 2014, 4:34:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info