Regarding Low Life Light Radius and the Shadow/Witch Node Redesign

Left: Light Radius caused by having low life from aura reservation.
Right: Standard Light Radius.

The Left is how I play Path of Exile. Any indoor environment is plagued by slamming into every cart, log, rock, twig, bump, and dismembered body part in any given level. Luckly, monsters are still given away by various glowing appendages, auras, and slight movements in the shadows. My Path of Exile experience is dark, inconvenient, and frustrating.

It doesn't have to be, though. I could reach for this node:

...which is a whopping 3 skill points from a desirable path. Three skill points that provide no combat advantage* as the monsters are still visible and any dangerous ones usually have known locations. Essentially, it's 3 skill points to have better (see: any) visuals and move through the game without slamming into everything; it's passives spent for convenience. It feels terrible as a player to choose between being stronger with 3 passives, or spending them so gameplay is less frustrating.

There's another node. You may have heard of 'em:

This node is basically saying "My Energy Shield is the one I'm trying to keep up." "Light Radius is based on Energy Shield" makes perfect sense on this node.

I understand that there may be the odd few that run some sort of hybrid life/es character that wouldn't desire that mod in conjunction, so at the absolute least, during the redesign of the witch/shadow, throw a node along side/behind Ghost Reaver that accomplishes the same thing.

I know it seems like net 2 passive points is really picky, but when you get into higher levels, every point counts, esp. when players are forced between the fun behind creating a stronger character and simply fixing an inconvenience.

Also, I know people say "Equip Lori's Lantern."

If you are having trouble seeing the difference, it's because there is hardly one. :[

I just wanted to get some visibility on this while the Devs are redesigning the relevant areas. It seems small, but I know this would make a huge difference to a sizable chunk of the player base.

*: 30 accuracy or ~1% increased accuracy is hardly an advantage, esp. at a 3 passive cost

You can see the images larger here:
http://imgur.com/a/I03tZ
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Low life builds and vision radius, from May 2012.

At least Arcane Vision exists, unlike how life life vision was for over 2 years.
Just spend the 3 nodes, consider it part of PA.
It absolutely gives you combat advantage -- you can see wtf you're doing.
How do you run so many auras off only your life? Also is that a cast on crit build?
I'm aware. I was playing before Arcane Vision's introduction. However, the status previously experienced isn't a justification for the current situation if I (and others) still feel the current situation is inadequate, i.e. I shouldn't take acceptance now just because things were worse before; there is always room for improvement.

I feel otherwise about the combat advantage. I already stated monsters are mostly visible. The one's that aren't are not a threat. I'm better off spending three points that actually give me stats to fight the nasty things than actually seeing anything. It's a no-win situation.

Edit: I'll answer this here as to keep thread on topic.
"
jimi89 wrote:
How do you run so many auras off only your life? Also is that a cast on crit build?

Mortal Conviction behind the Blood Magic Keystone. Yes, it's Barrage/EK CoC.
Last edited by Terrornoid on Apr 22, 2014, 9:33:11 PM
Uh, quoted myself or something. Oops.
Last edited by Terrornoid on Apr 22, 2014, 9:33:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info