PoE vs TESO bugs.

Well been playing TESO since it's launch and...well...i can't help but be amused at the problems they are having.

First off, the login problems at launch

PoE had a bug where some could log into an account that was not theirs and it was fixed very quickly

TESO also had this problem which whilst getting fixed had the server down for hours.

Desync

PoE...you should know what it is by now

TESO didn't really expect to see it...lag yes but desync? not for the money and developers they have at their disposal...running/sprinting in towns seems to get you caught on npc's which then pauses the game until it syncs up, trying to gather nodes and reaching one only to find that you cant interact with it because your character is out of position and it take a few seconds for it to catch up...so far though combat seems ok, just a bit slow and laggy.

RMT spam
The bane of PoE according to some it happens

It happens in all online games where something can be traded

TESO had it on the early access, massive quantities, so much so that my ignore list was full(100) in about a week

Botting/hacking/dupes

PoE has kept it to a minimum, piss poor bots that are fairly easy for the devs to spot
Lame hacks limited to camera options
Dupes...some but deleted automatically(usually the guild bank causing it)
You know why it has next to no major problems is because it trusts the server rather than the client despite the problems it can cause.

TESO...lololol, well now, so far i've seen speed hack, port hacks, under the ground gathering hacks, floating hacks, near full character automation...there are several dupe exploits going on.
The worst offender is public dungeons where the boss respawns where the bots are multi boxed and have some program running to auto target the boss and attack as soon as it spawns and follow it if it's moved making getting a kill on it next to impossible....those then go int to sell the gold.

Rollbacks.

PoE happens, just because the game saves periodically you can get caught in between saves and lose some items that may have dropped

TESO...just started happening tonight(at least it's the first i've noticed it) and not just by a few minutes but by almost 10 in 2 cases that i experienced.

Not to mention numerous game crashes, bugged quests, a bug that wiped purchased bank space and any items that were in it.

TBH given that TESO has millions of dollars to waste on development, and hundreds of staff i was expecting better for their launch...i know it wouldn't be perfect but when a free game that was developed on a shoe string budget by a handful of people beats it even during its closed beta it really speaks volumes on the amount of work that has actually went into PoE despite it's problems.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 22, 2014, 8:27:33 PM
What's TESO and why should we care?

Oh... Elder Scrolls. An abomination. Elderscrolls should never be multiplayer, much less online. Bad choice.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 22, 2014, 8:33:28 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
What's TESO and why should we care?

The Elder Scrolls Online, fairly big mmo.

"
...What?

Other online games have the issues inherent to online games?

...!

edit: The Elder Scrolls Online, Shagsbeard, and you should care because it has a massssssive budget.

The point is that all the QQ fix it posts going about the forums are retarded when a big name mmo with so much more behind it fails on the same things and more than a f2p game dose, and those posts make like its easy to do.

Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 22, 2014, 8:37:26 PM
yea im not happy with eso. i bought the preorder and have managed to play 3 times, each ending in a crash to desktop.

they need to sort there shit out.
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
"
Alea wrote:
TES 5 failed on the balance side game was facerolled horribly by creating potions to enchant better items to make better potions ... The online version must fail on security side i guess they are new into that, unlike Blizzard as example

TES is single player game, it didn't affect player's gameplay experience, you had option not to use the bug/glitch. to compare mmo with single player game is just stupid. and bethesda didn't develop eso, but zenimax.
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
TESO is a damn shame; next in line after TOR and Neverwinter.
Luckily there are still good games to play elsewhere. :)
im glad i didnt buy that TESO shit. i cant live off promises. stupid game is full of bugs and problems

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
I wasn't expecting much from TESO honestly. Don't get me wrong, I love the Elder Scrolls series, especially Morrowind, but Bethesda is infamous for not being able to create a game without a shit load of bugs. For single player games, its not a big deal, as the community quickly fixes them all with mods. An MMO on the other hand, well I expect it to be buggy for quite some time.

I really wish they would have stayed out of the MMORPG scene and started work on a new Fallout or Elder Scrolls.
"
Alea wrote:
"
estu87 wrote:
"
Alea wrote:
TES 5 failed on the balance side game was facerolled horribly by creating potions to enchant better items to make better potions ... The online version must fail on security side i guess they are new into that, unlike Blizzard as example

TES is single player game, it didn't affect player's gameplay experience, you had option not to use the bug/glitch. to compare mmo with single player game is just stupid. and bethesda didn't develop eso, but zenimax.

it wasnt a bug nor a glitch, but i meant the world was so open much abuses were possible, well wasnt really an abuse, just a mechanic, but it made the pure magic spells totally useless compared to a super dmg bow or melee weapon :))) .

Lol anyone who thinks magic users were weak in Skyrim are nuts. Sure at early levels it was way behind weapons, but once you leveled it to max it was super over powered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info