Scrotie's Secret Identity Revealed

I have the toothache from hell.

Been bothering me for about a month now. Really shouldn't have ignored it during its infant stages. Now it's all grown up and pulling out the big guns.

Yesterday didn't sleep at all the night before, then went to an exam for my basic Political Science class at the university. The pain was ridiculously intense both before the test — and mind you, this is a class I attend only when there is an exam, and I hadn't read any of the text prior, so I'm there beating the shit out of myself and leaving bruises to distract myself from the more intense, more ridiculous tooth pain as I try to cram. Then a bit later I'm in class, twitching in my seat, trying to fill in bubbles on a scantron with only moderate success. Hurray, now most of my class thinks I'm on drugs.

Fortunately for them, now I am! Thanks to today's trip to the dentist. Prescription for vicodin. Glorious, glorious vicodin. Funny thing is, even that doesn't really kill the pain. Nope. Just reins it in a bit. While I was there, I found out that normal, sane human beings normally see the dentist at an earlier stage in tooth decay, when the cavity begins to graze the nerve inside the tooth. Nope, not Scrotie. I wait until the cavity was fully past the nerve. Crossed right over the conventional half-way mark and kept on going. The dentist (cheapest I could find!) informed me that pain doesn't really get worse than that, so in the future I should circle 10, not 8; my rationalization that getting hit by a Mack truck would hurt more is apparently not well-founded according to neurology. Assuming, of course, that she actually knows what she's talking about.

If this images inserted in this thread so far weren't a big hint, all of this constant pain and hankering for pills has lured me into going back and rewatching House, especially since it's now on Netflix. And I have to say, it made me realize something I hadn't realized before. Let's look at my life for a second... Made a living solving problems other people can't? Check (I did network security and general computer troubleshooting for the Army, back before I became a full-time college student). Used to get away with a ridiculous amount of bullshit at work due to said problem-solving? Check. Personal life filled with all kinds of drama? Check (wonder when Bacon is gonna post again). Borderline intolerable to work with due to severe eccentricity? Check. Atheist? Check. Vicodin dependency?

Hmm.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 22, 2014, 7:51:45 PM
Well, at least it can't get worse again, right?
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Well, at least it can't get worse again, right?
When in doubt, trust Mr. Urine.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Abscessed tooth is the worst pain I have ever experienced, bar none. When I lost a finger and they had me circle on the pain chart (as I sprayed the walls with blood, turns out a missing fingers bleeds a fucking lot) I circled a 4. They were incredulous and asked if I was serious. My reply was that it had nothing on an abscess.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
Abscessed tooth is the worst pain I have ever experienced, bar none. When I lost a finger and they had me circle on the pain chart (as I sprayed the walls with blood, turns out a missing fingers bleeds a fucking lot) I circled a 4. They were incredulous and asked if I was serious. My reply was that it had nothing on an abscess.

I can attest to this, Ive cut a finger off too. Boy does that bleed like a stuffed pig
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I have to agree with the tooth ache sentiments shared here.

Nothing that I've experienced is more distracting than an abscessed wisdom tooth. I thought I could get through the weekend with alcohol and pain pills but I was wrong. Emergency surgery on a Sunday is not cheap.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Not for me. Teeth, car accident, stitches in my eye lid, all pale in the shear pain of my gallbladder attack. That's when I learned to love morphine. Makes the pain go away.......

Spoiler
It was a fun Christmas week in the hospital. Lost 25 pounds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info