Gore Glacial Cascade Effect

Hmm, a torrent of dirty icicles, probably imported from streets of Theopolis in high winter. I agree it makes no sense, I'd sooner buy a line of snowmen popping out of the ground (that would at least be able to show you where those small AoEs are).

How about making a reave effect? The skill is fairly popular now, you even got a thread with mtx brainstorming for it somewhere on the forum.

While we're on the topic of recycling effects, it's not a bad thing, certainly much better than recoloring effects like you did with incinerate. Wouldn't it be nicer if you instead fired those tiny tentacle miscreation rays? You already have the effect, minimum work needed, hell, it would even be less visually obstructive.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 23, 2014, 3:51:21 AM
At least change the cast color to red. This white DOES NOT FIT AT ALL.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
This is sweet! You know what I'll really buy as a MTX for Glacial Cascade?

A horde of icy skeletons doing butterfly stroke across the floor, emerging from the ground then back under. Or a huge bunch of icy skeletons/zombies emerging and swiping at things before shattering/disappearing, kinda like a wave stadium cheer.

Anyway, I remember one of the first posts in the introduction to GC that describes having a mtx that has blood shooting everywhere for the heck of it. Glad the guy got his wish :D

EDIT: Or heck, a huge icy skull with open jaws travelling outwards will be awesome
IGN: Annamelia (Incursion)
Last edited by Krastoff on Apr 23, 2014, 3:41:45 AM
Glacial cascade + gore + blood magic!

I loved it!
"
Russell wrote:
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:
"
Russell wrote:
Where is your creation GGG???

Another copy and paste work.

I hate.

Copy pasted from >.>

Appears to be Brutus/Kole Ground slam blood effect with the Glacial Cascade animation for the spikes.

It think it's interesting but, it's pretty obvious that it's just an amalgamation of other effects that were already in the game, rather than something new.

hm... as a coder i often use copy and paste for my code.. its faster than type in the terms again...

as a gfx dude i often use copy & paste, because these buttons are still so easy to find and been pressed really fast. hm...
if i think deeper to dis... are we not all a little bit part of a copy and pasted world?

sometimes if i did not use my c&p buttons i just feel sad, so that i have to c&p twice the next day...

so yes, c&p is a really important part of our lives, why not thinking about it? sometimes if i have spare time i sit there like a bottle of white color, thinking... "what letter should i copy today? should i use the "L", or the "e".... " this makes me happy, and after all the years there is just one important truth:

:)

YES, we are COPY & PASTE !!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on Apr 23, 2014, 4:35:42 AM
Meh. Cold spell with gore effect? Definitely not for me.

But please keep working on more skill effects. I would love effects which allow us manifest different skill functions (fire nova effect for ice nova using cold to fire etc.).
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
Zzz.. no creativity at all went into this did it - kinda embarrassing to release something like this isn't it? (when it's clearly a ripoff of the new groundslam effect)
:(

Your post is copy paste from netreader01 and Darkblitz9. No creativity. :)

Spoiler
I don't care where the assets come from as long as I like how it looks. Also, these are clearly not the spikes from Groundslam. How can people be so blind?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Apr 23, 2014, 5:16:52 AM
That video shows how many times you need to recast to kill all the mobs. It really needed proj support this skill.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
The only good thing about this effect is that it is only optional. It completely ruins the theme of GC, which is about ice.

Too bad, when I saw the thread title, I thought "cool, GC spikes hitting mobs will spurt gore from them all around!". Now that would have been cool.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
mruuh wrote:
The only good thing about this effect is that it is only optional. It completely ruins the theme of GC, which is about ice.

Too bad, when I saw the thread title, I thought "cool, GC spikes hitting mobs will spurt gore from them all around!". Now that would have been cool.

I can only imagine that

*Drool*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info